Your feeling about windy rounds

Poll ended at Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:31 pm

Don't mind them
56%
Don't like playing them
43%

Total votes : 93

Postby JoeSmith on Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:04 pm

LarryKnecht wrote:One more suggestion which applies to windy or breezy.....incorporate the wind indicator into the swing meter somehow. That way, one can keep an eye on the windmeter while starting the snap. I hate to have to look at one side of the screen for the wind activity, then look at the meter for the snap. This fuggs you up sometimes when the wind changes. The only other option is to play crosseyed with one eye on the meter and one on the wind indicator. :mrgreen:

Oh my, I'd never hit a snap again cause I'd be watching that wind arrow dance around unless it was incorporated over to the side of the meter.
JoeSmith

Postby Cheezer on Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:48 pm

That's easy to fix Joe, just move your swing meter over top of the wind meter. :lol:
Cheezer

Postby DennisHarris on Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:55 pm

Gentleman I think you are going a bit overboard. All this talk of changing this or that as it pertains to windy. For goodness sake we do not have the LSPN tour totally implemented yet. LOL! And here we are way out in left field dreaming these big dreams in improving windy to make it more realistic. Lets get the Tour totally implemented first then move on to other issues.

Back on topic. Windy is windy for us all, be it good or bad. I do not like or dislike playing windy conditions. Its a part of the game we enjoy playing so I play it when it appears.
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby ErnieB on Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:17 am

DennisHarris wrote:Gentleman I think you are going a bit overboard. All this talk of changing this or that as it pertains to windy. For goodness sake we do not have the LSPN tour totally implemented yet. LOL! And here we are way out in left field dreaming these big dreams in improving windy to make it more realistic. Lets get the Tour totally implemented first then move on to other issues.

Back on topic. Windy is windy for us all, be it good or bad. I do not like or dislike playing windy conditions. Its a part of the game we enjoy playing so I play it when it appears.

1.07 isn't left field or dreaming - it's on its' way. Work on the update is one reason the tour isn't "fully implemented". But it will all tie in nicely, even if it is a little off topic. :wink:
ErnieB

Re: By the way, the wind "freeze" should be fixed

Postby Armand on Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:30 am

HeavySwinger wrote:The wind should not freeze at some exact value when the player clicks to swing for any of the swing types. I would hope Links could be patched to either coninue to vary the wind during the shot or to make the wind indicator give only basic wind direction and strength, especially when the mouse if over the club for classic or when it has been clicked for PS or RTS.

Hooray!! Buy this man a drink - I would even go so far as to not show the "intensity" of the wind, only the direction. Then there would be no waiting for it to die down or gust up (if trying to carry a certain point).

I should vote - I don't mind the wind at all. Conditions are of no consequence in my decision to play or not. More often than not, it's: (1) do I have time to complete the event? and (2) have I played the course before? I'll more likely play if I have NOT played the course before (or unless it's an exceptional course that I really enjoy!).

Armand
Armand

Postby Jimboroks1 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:55 am

Even tho this is only a game and nowhere near the real thing, I like to pretend it is. When a PGA tournament rolls around I can play along with I DO SO, even conditions,if possible. Therefore , I Like Middle to back tees, all winds(windy not so much). I try my best under all adverse conditions ,even tho, I may end up with a terrible score. I do like a caddie , but picking my own club is very helpful to my brain. Makes me think.

Jimboroks
Jimboroks1

Postby Dr_Dave on Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:56 am

Not show the intensity?? Holy smokes, with Link's exaggerated wind effect, that could mean a 1-35 yard difference in where the ball lands with perfect snap. There are no trees moving, water rippling, I can't pick up grass and let it fall or feel the wind/breeze to determine it's strength.

The more randomness that is added to this game the more pot luck there will be instead of a players ability.
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby MasterMontgomery on Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:24 am

1.07 isn't left field or dreaming - it's on its' way. Work on the update is one reason the tour isn't "fully implemented". But it will all tie in nicely, even if it is a little off topic.

Ernie
I guess your are not aware of version 1.07(a)

Doug :lol:
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby Jimboroks1 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:44 am

Where can we get this update 1.07?

Jimboroks 1
Jimboroks1

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:49 am

Jimboroks1 wrote:Where can we get this update 1.07?

Jimboroks 1

I think Mark will let us know when it is ready

http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1794
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby Sgt_Danimal on Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:44 pm

Windy please! Is there a firm/fast vote anywhere? :shock:
Sgt_Danimal
Just point and click!
Sgt_Danimal

Postby Cheezer on Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:55 pm

Armond, have you lost your mind? Don't show the intensity of the wind ????? Ok so you stand over your ball and you have no idea if it is no wind or a 30 mph wind behind you. What are you going to hit for your next shot ?????
Cheezer

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:11 pm

Cheezer wrote:Armond, have you lost your mind? Don't show the intensity of the wind ????? Ok so you stand over your ball and you have no idea if it is no wind or a 30 mph wind behind you. What are you going to hit for your next shot ?????

I agree with Armand, perhaps in the next patch we can omit the yardage to the hole on every shot too :roll:
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

I wouldn't go so far as to completely hide wind speed

Postby HeavySwinger on Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:33 pm

Cheezer wrote:Armond, have you lost your mind? Don't show the intensity of the wind ????? Ok so you stand over your ball and you have no idea if it is no wind or a 30 mph wind behind you. What are you going to hit for your next shot ?????

I do like the throwing up grass analogy and watching the trees. Those are the cues along with maybe the flag flapping (which is there in Links). These are only rough indications of wind speed which are not like our wind meter now. I'm saying the wind meter should be more like those indications used IRL. You shouldn't be able to wait for a precise value like you can now and freeze it for your shot.
Larry
HeavySwinger

Postby Westview on Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:53 pm

IRL..I like to light up a smoke and see which way the wind blows it.
Best wind direction method ever.
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It