Knowing Conditions

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Knowing Conditions

Postby Dr_Dave on Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:05 am

Here is a perfect example why I like to know conditions. A buddy and I thought it would be fun to play in the Canadian PGA week 27 tourney, so we jumped right in without checking the conditions. Only after starting the 2nd round we noticed that all 4 rounds were exactly the same. Talk about boring!! The tournament should have been called Mappers Delight. :x Thanks but no thanks.
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby CoolHandAndy on Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:33 am

Yup...I agree Dave....

....Just keep the pins/wind/ and tees hidden... to the players.What ya say?
"Some people ya just can't reach"
CoolHandAndy

Postby Dr_Dave on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:04 pm

What I say Andy is when that happens, just quit the tourney and do something constructive. I painted a room that was in real need, then I sat around and watched the paint dry for a couple hours. :)
Last edited by Dr_Dave on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby Matrix on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:17 pm

Changing the green speeds, firmness and the wind each round is more fun to play and makes more for a REAL round of golf. Don't know about anyone else but i've never gone out REAL golfing 4 times in a row and had the same pin placements and conds, but hey! it could happen right? :roll: LOL
Matrix

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:02 pm

Sorry but I can't resist that palying 4 rounds in the same conditions is the ultimate in boring but playing amateur where every shot goes straight as die where you aim it isn't an issu :D :D

Try it in elite Dave and you come in from different angles every round and it will seem different :D

Roy takes cover
RoyHiggi

Postby CoolHandAndy on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:19 pm

Or,...
scrambling every round and still whippin' the field by a multitude of strokes..Talk about boring

:wink:
"Some people ya just can't reach"
CoolHandAndy

Postby Dr_Dave on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:14 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:Sorry but I can't resist that palying 4 rounds in the same conditions is the ultimate in boring but playing amateur where every shot goes straight as die where you aim it isn't an issu :D :D

Try it in elite Dave and you come in from different angles every round and it will seem different :D

Roy takes cover

Take cover ? Why, you have a right to your opinion. Your dislike of ammy is well known Roy, but if you want to post a reminder that's cool.

In ammy the competition is so stiff I don't think anyone who plays can honestly tell where they will finish in any given tournament. For that reason alone I just love playing it. If a genie granted me one wish with regards to Links, it would not be to play like you in Champ or Elite. But I do respect your ability and the levels you choose to play, always have. :)
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:57 am

a quick once-over look at weather conditions for any event on the home page will reveal this: windy conditions always say "strong winds" or "windy". breezy conditions always say "with a slight breeze", or "light" or "slight" wind. almost everything else is no wind. events with static conditions are instantly revealed. you don't have to have the weather chart to have a pretty good idea as to how a venue will play each day. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby DennisHarris on Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:02 am

How many players actually look at green or wind conditions before entering a tournament anyway. Me thinks most players enter a tournament because of the creator or tournament type (LSPN events) and may be the course.

We might need a poll. LMAO! Like everyone would be honest answering it anyway. A bigger LOL!
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby Dr_Dave on Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:51 am

DennisHarris wrote:How many players actually look at green or wind conditions before entering a tournament anyway. Me thinks most players enter a tournament because of the creator or tournament type (LSPN events) and may be the course.

We might need a poll. LMAO! Like everyone would be honest answering it anyway. A bigger LOL!

Dennis, before a poll could be created a person would have to care if others look and the conditions prior to playing in an event. :) I do look at conditions and for many reasons. But the main reason is curiosity. I also like to know if the condition plays to Joe Smith's Achilles heel. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby JoeSmith on Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:52 am

Conditions have never been an issue with me. I play them all equally well except windy which may cost me 2 strokes a round (only in ammy). My achilles heel is leaving myself with downhill putts which give me the most trouble to read.
JoeSmith

Postby tryandtyoneon on Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:56 am

JoeSmith wrote:Conditions have never been an issue with me. I play them all equally well except windy which may cost me 2 strokes a round (only in ammy). My achilles heel is leaving myself with downhill putts which give me the most trouble to read.

But if taking a skin away from a opponent that coulda used it, you'll make those putts too :wink:
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby ErnieB on Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:37 pm

JoeSmith wrote:My achilles heel is leaving myself with downhill putts which give me the most trouble to read.

Use the short meter. :lol:
ErnieB

Postby JoeSmith on Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:15 pm

ErnieB wrote:
JoeSmith wrote:My achilles heel is leaving myself with downhill putts which give me the most trouble to read.

Use the short meter. :lol:

Kinda like the short bus, I do use it exclusively up to 7 dots then its the green meter as I call it.
JoeSmith

Return to Talk About It