No votes
St Andrews Links New Course
1%
St Andrews Links Old Course
5%

Total votes : 54

Favourite Course on Offical Tour This Week w/e 1/7

Postby Justin_I on Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:52 am

and why you like it.... For me... Black Rose, it looks good and is a real challenge, love the panorama and the course layout is sufficiently different than most stock courses, that you actually take notice.

Although the screen render times are a bit slow (yes, I could slide the bar over to the left, but I want the best!)

I am a fan of Wagga Wagga and Kauri Cliffs too, but maybe biased being from downunder.
Justin_I

Postby terrell on Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:25 am

lagalochan bay, justin. makes you think about each shot, though that's contrary to the way i play. but i tend to enjoy figuring my way out of trouble. makes the game very interesting. didn't play black rose valley this week, though some of the comments make me think it would be great also. the st andrews courses are way down, off the scale on the list. never seems to be any real purpose to playing them.

edit: would have rather played lagalochan bay with the mod, but i've been trying to get ranked in v1.05. that would have been a hoot. (8
terrell

Postby Justin_I on Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:36 am

Have to admit, did not play Lagalochan Bay yet... RAW not my favourite format. Was always going to play flights this week, PRO/CL Flight F has been a ding [censored] battle this week, while the courses are a bit ho hum the battle for the top made it worth while. Then PLSA, and might try to sneak time to play Wagga Wagga...if I can I'll try Laga. Bay!
Justin_I

Postby Matrix on Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:59 am

Black Rose is one of the most scenic courses to play in links and the layout is spectacular. I've had this course since its release and has never come off my HD. LOVE IT!!
Matrix

Postby LaMa_2k6 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:04 am

All the default courses on the list...kauri, gleneagles, blah blah...s*ck. I'd go with Lagolachan.
LaMa_2k6

Postby terrell on Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:09 am

Justin_I wrote:RAW not my favourite format.

absolutely amazing how i used to avoid raw events like the plague. now they're my favorites. i have a hard time with sometimes hitting the wrong club (driver out of a greenside bunker just rarely works out), which doesn't happen too often in real life. but i am very prone to missing 4 foot putts, due to misread or mishit.
Last edited by terrell on Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
terrell

Postby Dr_Dave on Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:58 am

There is just no way any M$ course can compare with a Links Corner Player's Choice Award APCD course. So it's a coin toss between Black Rose Valley & Lagalochan Bay G.C. :D
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby CoolHandAndy on Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:29 am

I agree with Justin... the pano for Black Rose is IMO one f the best ever done....and geez...the course looks and plays pretty sweet.... doesn't get much better...for a free course.
"Some people ya just can't reach"
CoolHandAndy

Postby JackRussellTerror on Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:09 pm

Wagga Wagga ~ its an Aussie course ! yeah those crow sounds, wonderful :P

Wayne Hewitt did a great job with this ....it feels real

you can thwack one round there IRL.

8)
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby terrell on Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:00 pm

holy crap. all this talk about black rose valley made me load it up and play it. great course. between lagalochan bay and black rose valley, i woulda probably chosen black rose valley. outstanding job by paul seamen. but i didn't play it this week, so lagalochan got my vote.
terrell

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:30 pm

the three great apcds for sure. without revealing my vote, i am a great admirer of all three of those tracks. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby JackRussellTerror on Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:39 pm

"without revealing my vote,"

LMAO Larry.
i'm sure Lagolochan Bay and Wagga were 8 votes each the last time i looked half hour ago

seems someone voted for Wagga just recently
:lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:11 pm

jack, (lol) my lips are sealed. all three apcd tracks used this week look great and are great fun to play. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby hokiepokie on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:15 pm

Sure would be nice to be able to play Black Rose Valley but it is one of only 2 courses (Shinnecock) that are so slow as to be unplayable. I didn't think my computer is not that old or slow but two minutes between shots really isn't enjoyable. I guess I'll have to go with Kauri Cliffs.

Woody Austin fan
hokiepokie

Postby Redskin on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:29 pm

hokiepokie wrote:Sure would be nice to be able to play Black Rose Valley but it is one of only 2 courses (Shinnecock) that are so slow as to be unplayable. I didn't think my computer is not that old or slow but two minutes between shots really isn't enjoyable. I guess I'll have to go with Kauri Cliffs.

Woody Austin fan

Did you try moving the graphics slider all the way to the left in the graphic's setup in Links? You should see faster re-draws if you do that.
Redskin

Next

Return to Talk About It