The RTS Edging Challenge

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby LaMa_2k6 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:06 am

It eliminates the possibility of not hitting it where you aim Heavyswinger...whether on the tee, or on the fairway, or on the green....or in the rough....etc. Not sure what you don't get. You can't convince me that, with all other things being equal (skill level, CHS) that it isn't an advantage.
LaMa_2k6

Postby GDI_Coyote on Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:24 am

For me a bad ( imperfect) swing on any mode of play should be a bad swing and should cause a problem unless you allowed for it with your aim. On some courses if you aim at the middle of the fairway and miss the snap , playing champ or elite , by the smallest margin possible you find the rough and that is the way it should

Thats the difference with clicking...you just miss one smidjin left or right of the meter and you get penalized harsher than in RTS.In RTS you can have a straight swing plane but "toe" the shot and it will still go somewhat straight,but short,just like in real golf.But if you miss it on the toe with a little fade swing plane to it...you will find the rough at most courses.

I'm curious as to what the miss clicking one bit early would be compared to in real golf...an over the top pull,a shut club face,rolling the hands over early,or a shot that started too far inside on the takeaway(which leads to ugliness).It really can't be determined like it can in RTS or PS for that matter.Maybe not so much the takeaway,but definately the last 18 inches of the swing which is where it matters most.Ask Jim Furyk. :shock:

So far as the comment about an imperfect swing being a bad one and causing problems...i disagree totally with that as it relates to the game of real golf.Afterall,thats what a lot of people want with a sim golf game isn't it?I've hit some shots i knew i didn't hit in the screws only to wind up on the green.The same goes for the fairway....i've busted them 270 straight and i've hit them 240 straight and ugly off the tee. 8)

Try some Elite Mod RTS,or reg if severe greens give you trouble.Thats about all i play,

Steve :shock:
GDI_Coyote

Postby GDI_Coyote on Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:26 am

Yes Pauly,were i to go grab my buds cd case with the dots on it and use any ole case laying round here...i'd own you son! :twisted: Edging is a great great advantage.
GDI_Coyote

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:43 am

"So far as the comment about an imperfect swing being a bad one and causing problems...i disagree totally with that as it relates to the game of real golf.Afterall,thats what a lot of people want with a sim golf game isn't it?I've hit some shots i knew i didn't hit in the screws only to wind up on the green."

I think we actually agree here Steve. When I say imperfect swing I have to be referring to the connection with the ball not being right. Exactly how that imperfection happens is irrelevant imo but if I hit a bad shot irl I expect a problem to arise. Short , long ,left ,right but not almost 100% in the direction I aimed it. Yes every so often you get a fluke miss hit which goes ok but it is every so often ( "some" as you say above and not all the time as it appears in RTS off the T from the stats I see)
And yes I am one who would like this golf sim to get close to irl golf. But in that I know I am in a very small minority.
RoyHiggi

Postby GDI_Coyote on Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:52 am

True...unfortunately,neither swing type is a true inidcation of the real thing.Been working on my new driver...still no Ping sound yet! :?

Steve
GDI_Coyote

Postby LaMa_2k6 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:15 am

Stevie - You'd need more than a CD case to own me, son. LoL.
LaMa_2k6

Postby GDI_Coyote on Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:27 am

Tickets for the Pats/Rams game?
GDI_Coyote

Postby LaMa_2k6 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:32 am

Sell em....you'd get big money for those, and you could stay home and sit at the keyboard too!!! Double whammy!!!
LaMa_2k6

Postby GDI_Coyote on Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:38 am

Will you save me a spot?You're here more than me.
GDI_Coyote

Postby Modman1 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:41 am

Roy said "And yes I am one who would like this golf sim to get close to irl golf".

Then why don't I ever see your name on the Mod side, champ or elite?
We never have time to do it right, but we always find time to do it over.
Modman1

Postby LaMa_2k6 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:16 am

I don't need to save you a spot...there's always plenty of room!!! See you there!!!
LaMa_2k6

Postby terrell on Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:46 am

Modman1 wrote:Roy said "And yes I am one who would like this golf sim to get close to irl golf".

Then why don't I ever see your name on the Mod side, champ or elite?

lemme, lemme! with the utmost respect to roy, modman, i'm sure roy doesn't play mod because it would require extra attention to downloading something else, and setting up an additional player. then, heaven forbid clicking on something different. we're d--- lucky he plays v1.05.

i'm sure when michael makes it by the old folks home, stuff gets upgraded on the computer. and it certainly doesn't have anything to do with roy dodging anyone, under the toughest conditions. no offense, roy, just knew that answer. (8
terrell

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:05 pm

hmmm T is that you writing in agood mood or bad! :D

As it happens I don't think the mod is more like a golf sim but from the rounds I did play ages back it felt more like crazy golf if you got the wrong course and conditions.
RoyHiggi

Postby terrell on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:13 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:hmmm T is that you writing in agood mood or bad! :D

it was all good, roy, i promise. i meant no disrespect. i just knew there were reasons other than you thinking the mod was too hard. i've never known you to dodge a challenge. just trying to keep everyone straight. (8
terrell

Postby BruceWallace on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:37 pm

TA_LaMa_2k6 wrote:Stevie - You'd need more than a CD case to own me, son. LoL.

Give me month of practice at RTS, and I'll own you. :D :D j/k, sort of. And, I never edged.

I used to play RTS quite a bit, but it must be over 2 years now, since I played. I did enjoy RTS, but grew tired of it and went to playing PS, along with click.
BruceWallace

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It