Flights

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Flights

Postby BillJr on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:26 pm

How do you play in your flight when they do not show up in the links tour. Thanks again for all the hard work you guys and Mark have done.
BillJr

flights

Postby djwoods10 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:29 pm

i have been woundering the same thing you are bill
just play and have fun - don
djwoods10

Postby lstouradmin on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:52 pm

The flight will only show up if:

1. Your options are set to show official tournaments and the swing and skill level for the flight you're in.

2. You're assinged a flight.

Also, make sure to set the filters in the game to Any so you see all events.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby Tresclub on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:01 pm

Mark, I have my options set to:

Show Events From: Arcade and Official
Swing Types: Classic Swing
Skill Levels: Amateur and Pro
Games: Links 2003
Tees: All Tees
Holes: All 18

I see all the "Flight" events in the Home Page listings, but no "Flight" events in Links.
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby SteveFr on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:02 pm

Mark,

I can answer yes to both 1 and 2 above, but I don't see any flights in game. My options are set to include everything apart from 2K1.

Steve
SteveFr

Postby DennisHarris on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:36 pm

lstouradmin wrote:I set the limit at 25 players. So there needs to be 25 players ranked in a specific category before flights will be created.

Mark

This might have something to do with flights not appearing. Remember Mark said little or no testing was done on flight tournaments. So we will learn as we go on flights.

Only 11 players are currently ranked in flight H. So I have a ways to go before 25 players are ranked in my flight.

Also I'm not sure if the quote from Mark was pertaining to all flights or RTS only. So I may be all wrong.
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby Redskin on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:05 pm

DennisHarris wrote:
lstouradmin wrote:I set the limit at 25 players. So there needs to be 25 players ranked in a specific category before flights will be created.

Mark

Only 11 players are currently ranked in flight H. So I have a ways to go before 25 players are ranked in my flight.

If there needs to be a minimum of 25 players before we can play Flights -- nobody is going to play this week because there are not 25 players in any one flight. Maybe lower the minimum to 5 players per flight to start? Even then there might be a few flights that don't make it. :(
Redskin

Postby Westview on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:16 pm

Maybe there are too many Flights.
It's been awhile since the old tour, but I don't seem to remember the Flights going all the way down to "J".
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby Tresclub on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:17 pm

Redskin wrote:
DennisHarris wrote:
Mark

If there needs to be a minimum of 25 players before we can play Flights -- nobody is going to play this week because there are not 25 players in any one flight. Maybe lower the minimum to 5 players per flight to start? Even then there might be a few flights that don't make it. :(

That would seem to be the way to go... lower the minimum. Now I understand why I can't see any flights in the game.
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby SteveFr on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:18 pm

Mark

I took this to mean 25 players ranked in categories such as Pro, Champ etc not 25 players per flight. e.g I have been assigned a flight in Pro for the 1.05 game because there are more than 25 players ranked in total. I have not been assigned a flight for Pro Mod because there are less than 25 players ranked in total.

Steve
SteveFr

Postby Tresclub on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:23 pm

SteveFr wrote:
Mark

I took this to mean 25 players ranked in categories such as Pro, Champ etc not 25 players per flight. e.g I have been assigned a flight in Pro for the 1.05 game because there are more than 25 players ranked in total. I have not been assigned a flight for Pro Mod because there are less than 25 players ranked in total.
Steve

OK. I am in ammy Flight B, and there are only 11 players ranked.
Tresclub

Postby SteveFr on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:27 pm

Tresclub wrote:
SteveFr wrote:
Mark

Steve

OK. I am in ammy Flight B, and there are only 11 players ranked.

But there are 85 players ranked in total, over the 25 threshold required to create flights, 11 of whom have been assigned to flight B. In categories where there are less than 25 players ranked in total no flights have been assigned.

I suspect it is a problem of coding , not of intent.

Steve
SteveFr

Flights

Postby BillJr on Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:13 pm

There are 5 Skill levels. Each Skill level has flights. In the Pro level i.g., there are 10 flights, A thru J. No one flight catagory has 25 players and some have a long way to go. Are you saying you need 25 players in a flight to have or see a tournyment. If so, maybe you need to cut down the number of flights. There are 137 players that are ranked in the Pro Skill Level.
BillJr

Postby lstouradmin on Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:40 pm

25 total players ranked in a skill/difficulty/swingtype. They number of players in a flight will vary.

I'll check out what's going on with the flight tournies.

Thanks guys!

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby lstouradmin on Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:54 pm

Ok, flights should be appearing now.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Talk About It