New tournies

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: I would like to see combined swing flights

Postby ErnieB on Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:21 pm

HeavySwinger wrote:This would ensure no problem getting 25 players in the all swing category. The flighting would take care of scoring differences between swing types. :wink:

Not that it would matter to me, but I'll go out on a limb and say at the Am or Pro level, Clickers would be more agreeable to this than at the Champ or Elite levels. :twisted:
ErnieB

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:54 pm

ernie is correct. the middle flights (the largest flights with 80% of the players) of pro level rtsers are at a real disadvantage in every statistical catagory except driving distance, so the pro level clickers could share the flight competition with rts players with little risk. at champ however, the average clicker only has a nominal advantage in putting and chipping stats which are far outweighed by the champ rts advantage in every other catagory including [!] scoring average.

at this time the lspn ranked tour population is only 20% of the average census (1500) of the indiebuilt tour in the spring of '06. until the tour population gets to a level approaching 6 or 7 hundred ranked players of all swing types, the best policy may well be to combine swing types in flights for the time being, just so all players can enjoy a decent sized field of competition. the fact is, that even in flight competition, to win or contend, you have to play way over your head in any given week whatever advantage or disadvantage your swing type gives you. lw

Postby HeavySwinger on Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:48 pm

ErnieB wrote:
HeavySwinger wrote:This would ensure no problem getting 25 players in the all swing category. The flighting would take care of scoring differences between swing types. :wink:

Not that it would matter to me, but I'll go out on a limb and say at the Am or Pro level, Clickers would be more agreeable to this than at the Champ or Elite levels. :twisted:

Ernie,

It shouldn't matter, ammy, pro, champ or elite. You would still be playing against players of your same scoring ability. For example, I've envisioned PRO flights in which I would compete using RTS swing. I would likely make B or C flight, but to make A flight would be a real accomplishment. To win an A flight tourney would be the ultimate victory, but don't hold your breath, A flight would be almost exclusively classic swingers. I can remember the old mayhem tourneys, the top RTSers goal was to make the top 10 and was a rare achievement, but a fun challenge nevertheless.

Another possibility for me would be champ flights where I would play powerstroke. There I would be competing in the lower flights like C, D, E, F...who knows...but wherever it would be a fun challenge just trying to win in whatever flight.
Larry
HeavySwinger

Postby ErnieB on Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:12 am

HeavySwinger wrote:
ErnieB wrote:

Ernie,

It shouldn't matter, ammy, pro, champ or elite. You would still be playing against players of your same scoring ability. For example, I've envisioned PRO flights in which I would compete using RTS swing. I would likely make B or C flight, but to make A flight would be a real accomplishment. To win an A flight tourney would be the ultimate victory, but don't hold your breath, A flight would be almost exclusively classic swingers. I can remember the old mayhem tourneys, the top RTSers goal was to make the top 10 and was a rare achievement, but a fun challenge nevertheless.

Another possibility for me would be champ flights where I would play powerstroke. There I would be competing in the lower flights like C, D, E, F...who knows...but wherever it would be a fun challenge just trying to win in whatever flight.
ErnieB

Postby hokiepokie on Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:58 pm

Thank you Mark! This is what I have been waiting for - flights. Even up competition. Way to go.
hokiepokie

Previous

Return to Talk About It