New tournies

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

New tournies

Postby lstouradmin on Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:32 pm

New tournies will be available tomorrow morning(Monday PST) as well as the rankings and flights.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby DennisHarris on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:16 am

Boy glad I read this. Thanks Mark! I had to hustle to finish my tour rounds in ammy and pro. I was on auto pilot as far as tourney ending date. Seems I got them in even though it was well past 3:00 AM EST.

So anyway is it still midnight PST and now Sunday instead of Thursdays for ending LSPN Official tournaments? I appartently missed an important post along the way.
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:05 am

Guess I had better look up PST!!! No idea whether I have time to play a tourney or not :D
RoyHiggi

Postby LaMa_2k6 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:52 am

I might have to take a day off work to finish the tourney I started!!! :shock:
LaMa_2k6

Postby Tresclub on Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:49 am

I would like to see events end Sunday night at 12 midnight PST, and new events start up on Monday morning at 8am PST. But then I guess living on USA's west coast might have some kinda influencing effect. :wink:
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:24 am

as i remarked last week, when 7 day events are created after 12am of their start date, an extra 8th day appears automatically. if the tour wants events to end at 12 midnight PST sunday, either the events have to be created before 12am PST monday (on sunday or before), or only use 6 days as the length of event.

as it now stands, the stats are calculated early monday, but most events will not have been completed until monday night.

[Pacific Standard Time is the same old time the tour has been working by from the start, although these days it is PDT or daylight time.] lw

_________
Last edited by Larry_Warrilow on Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry_Warrilow

flights

Postby djwoods10 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:29 am

what time will the flights be posted to play in the tourny board
just play and have fun - don
djwoods10

Postby DennisHarris on Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:13 am

I'm still confused about the official LSPN tournament ending time . But thats ok. I am assuming Larry W. is correct about the tournaments ending a day later than posted if created/started after midnight of the beginning date. The fact I was able to complete both my 4th rounds in the PLSA event in pro (started at 2:50/ended at 3.10) and ammy (started at 3:10) and was able to complete both after 3:00am supports Larry's post .

I'll just say eastern USA time zone from now on. That way I need not worry if its standard or daylight savings time. :oops: :twisted: Kinda like comparing apples to apples IMO. We gain 1 hour or lose one hour depending on if its daylight savings or standard time. :lol: I'm either an hour older or an hour younger and ya know it is a significant event at my age. :shock:
DennisHarris

Postby lstouradmin on Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:37 am

Yeah, the ending times are a bit messed up. I'm going to make it so events end Sunday night at midnight and being on Monday morning at 12:01am.

As for new events, they are up now. Also Flight events are up but have not been tested very much. This is how they should work:

1. You can view all flight events from the main web site.
2. You will only see the flights you belong in from within the game.
3. You should not be able to enter any flights but your own.
4. Your flight is listed along with your Ranking in the Stats section of the site.

Let me know if anyone has trouble.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby Dank_Art on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:08 pm

The flight level doesn't appear for the RTS-ers!
Dank_Art

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:29 pm

there are now qualified: 7 am rtsers, 12 pro, 8 champ, 2 elite. so even when the flights appear, they will be a little thin. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby lstouradmin on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:51 pm

I set the limit at 25 players. So there needs to be 25 players ranked in a specific category before flights will be created.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby Tresclub on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:10 pm

lstouradmin wrote:As for new events, they are up now. Also Flight events are up but have not been tested very much. This is how they should work:

1. You can view all flight events from the main web site. Yes I can
2. You will only see the flights you belong in from within the game. No I can't
3. You should not be able to enter any flights but your own. Understandable
4. Your flight is listed along with your Ranking in the Stats section of the site. Yes it is
Let me know if anyone has trouble.
Mark
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby DennisHarris on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:27 pm

Same here Warren. I see all the flight tournaments at the web site but no flight tournaments appear in the game.

I wonder if it has to do with the 25 player minimum before a flight tournament will appear. Not sure any flight meets that criteria yet. I know flight H only has 11 players. LOL!

I sent a PM to Mark about no flights showing in the game.
DennisHarris

I would like to see combined swing flights

Postby HeavySwinger on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:49 pm

This would ensure no problem getting 25 players in the all swing category. The flighting would take care of scoring differences between swing types. :wink:
Larry
HeavySwinger

Next

Return to Talk About It