ANYBODY ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM!?

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

ANYBODY ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM!?

Postby w4cstriker on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:51 pm

Just wondering if other players forget in playing raw when your under a hundered yards to look at your club selection before hitting, a driver is a ugly choose that close , think I need sticky pad paper on the screen to remind me my caddie is on vacation :cry:
w4cstriker

Postby DennisHarris on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:05 am

Steve, Thats just one of the reasons I do not play RAW, I hated the no caddie. I can't putt with or without the grid, so that don't matter. I found I had to concentrate too much playing raw and it interfered with my brew-ski drinking. So I-a-no play-a-da Raw-no-more! My Brew-ski's drinking equals too much fun.

Actually on a serious note .... I think everyone has ocassionally had the driver approach shot over the green 150 yards into the woods from 80 yards away when playing RAW. Just simply a mental pause. Sometimes several mental pauses per round.
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby terrell on Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:43 am

same here. at the speed i play, i find myself about to pull the trigger with the wrong club a lot. but that doesn't keep me from playing raw. as bad as i am (and i share dennis' horrendous putting ability), i admire the guys at the top of the leaderboard that much more. gives me a completely new level of appreciation. (8
terrell

Postby JackRussellTerror on Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:18 am

hehehehe, i don't need RAW to do it.
Even with a caddy i do it.......38 yards out, Mr. Caddy hands
me a Lob Wedge and i forgets that i didn't actually change it to a L/W CHIP.
So i click 2 notches DOWN (L/W Chip 2 down is roughly 38 yards), swing the mouse to the
end at 2 o'clock and nail it ! yeah right :shock: , nailed 110 yards OVER the green into the trees :cry: :oops: :roll:

that caddy no longer works for me
:x

:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby Dr_Dave on Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:00 am

Very easy fix....don't use the caddy! I Stopped using him after my second week of playing Links back in 1997. He was always checking out the chicks, I couldn't depend on him. Now I just use an illegal alien who just carries my clubs. I give him a 40oz. Red Bull Malt Liquor and a bag of Doritos and he's as happy as a clam. :)

Now, being on the fringe and wanting to putt and forgetting to change to my putter.....that can be a problem. BAHAHAHAHA!!
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby Cheezer on Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:45 am

Well Dr. Dave I guess you better fire your illegal alien also because he handed you the wrong club instead of your putter now didn't he ? But then again maybe it was your own fault because I would think when you are standing over your ball your would recognize that the blade on the club you have in your hand is quite different than your putter. :shock: :lol: :roll:
Cheezer

Postby Dr_Dave on Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:13 am

Cheezer wrote:Well Dr. Dave I guess you better fire your illegal alien also because he handed you the wrong club instead of your putter now didn't he ? But then again maybe it was your own fault because I would think when you are standing over your ball your would recognize that the blade on the club you have in your hand is quite different than your putter. :shock: :lol: :roll:

No, actually the times that I thought I had my putter in my hand were the times that Ramirez (my caddy) didn't show up, so naturally I drank the Red Bull. After one of those all the clubs look the same to me. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby w4cstriker on Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:53 pm

Thanks for the responses, im of to Idaho be back in a week and a half going back to my first course i played see if my game has inproved or not lol :wink:
w4cstriker

Return to Talk About It