Flight Questions

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Flight Questions

Postby Cuber on Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:14 am

Having never played on the "old tour" I have two questions about flights.

1. Are we only playing for positions within our flights or postions within other flights as well?

2. Do we ever move out of our flight and if so how is this done? -- will we move up to a higher or down to a lower flight?

Thanks
May All Your Putts Be Gimmies
Cuber

Re: Flight Questions

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:21 am

Cuber wrote:Having never played on the "old tour" I have two questions about flights.

1. Are we only playing for positions within our flights or postions within other flights as well?

2. Do we ever move out of our flight and if so how is this done? -- will we move up to a higher or down to a lower flight?

Thanks

You are flighted based on your scores that Mark is accumulating as you go. The better you do, the higher flight you will be put into, and the worse ya do, yada yada.

As you play more and more rounds, it will take longer to increase or decrease your average score, but moving up or down can and will be done according to your scoring.
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby DennisHarris on Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:30 am

If flight assignments and flight tournaments are run the same as on the old LS Tour then:

1. You will be playing against only those players within your assigned flight.

2. You can and will be assigned to a new flight during during the season. That said, any new flight assignment is based solely on your own cumulative season scoring average. You can not simply choose a higher or lower flight assignment on your own.

Oppps! Murrary beat me to it.
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby Westview on Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:41 am

Cuber wrote:Having never played on the "old tour" I have two questions about flights.

All the other LSPN tournaments will still be available, but now there will be 1 flight tournament for each level of play i.e. Amature(Ruler of the Ruff); Pro(Lord of the Links) and you will play in your flight class. You cannot join into another flight's tournament.

It will make alot more sense when this starts. :D
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:02 pm

Westview wrote:

All the other LSPN tournaments will still be available, but now there will be 1 flight tournament for each level of play i.e. Amature(Ruler of the Ruff); Pro(Lord of the Links) and you will play in your flight class. You cannot join into another flight's tournament.

Flights and Ruler of the Rough, Lord of the Links etc. are 2 totally different tournies

tryandtyoneon

Postby Westview on Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:10 pm

tryandtyoneon wrote:
Westview wrote:

Flights and Ruler of the Rough, Lord of the Links etc. are 2 totally different tournies

Yes, you're right. It's been so long since the old tour, I can barely remember what was on it. :shock:

If I remember correctly...ROR LOL etc... were tournaments with conditions set by the previous weeks winner, and the stats did not count toward your ranking.
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:11 pm

Westview wrote:
tryandtyoneon wrote:
Westview wrote:

Yes, you're right. It's been so long since the old tour, I can barely remember what was on it. :shock:

If I remember correctly...ROR LOL etc... were tournaments with conditions set by the previous weeks winner, and the stats did not count toward your ranking.

Well, ya haven't totally lost it........you are correct! :)

I hit "print screen" when the old site was up so that every Thursday morning , in memory of the old tournies being renewed, I can open up paint and have a moment of silence........dressed in Black underwear of course

tryandtyoneon

Postby Cuber on Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:30 pm

Thank you all for your responses ... except for the "black underwear" reference ... that was a bit t.m.i
May All Your Putts Be Gimmies
Cuber

Return to Talk About It