LSN Home Page (Events In Progress)

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

LSN Home Page (Events In Progress)

Postby Dr_Dave on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:06 am

Hi Mark,

Question...would it be possible to add a box for wind conditions of each round when you click on details of a tourney? The way it is now you have to start Links and look for wind conditions there. It would be nice if it was all in one place. Just curious. :D
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby lstouradmin on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:16 am

Well, my initial reason for doing the conditions like that was to hide exactly what the conditions were so I only show what the 'weather' is.

What does everyone else think?

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby Westview on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:37 am

Either way is ok with me. :D
When I look at the weather conditions, I have a pretty good idea what the wind speeds are. I've kind of memorized them by now.
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby Budrick on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:11 am

Eather way is fine with me. What ever is the easiest for you Mark.

Budrick
Budrick

Postby brokenclub on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:28 am

If we are talking about offical events, then we play them no matter what the conditions are. So we'll find out on the first tee. arcade events maybe it would be a good idea to show wind conditions.
brokenclub

Postby duffer123 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:28 am

It's fine with me ether way,I don't mind windy anyway
duffer123

Postby terrell on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:02 am

i think the unofficial vast majority dodge windy rounds. so, publishing the conditions up front should cut down on peeps bailing out of tournaments.
terrell

Postby Dr_Dave on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:32 am

Let me clarify my request. When making tournaments you can choose nice clear day for every round in the weather area, yet pick breezy for each round in the wind speed area. I now see that Mark has a correlation between the weather description and the actual wind speed, so all is well and nothing needs to be added or changed.

As far as dodging events, players can start up Links and see the conditions of each round before they decide to play a specific tournament anyway. I just thought it would be nice to have it all in one place, kind of like a 4 day weather report. Thanks for replies.
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby Bruce Bo on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:44 pm

i think of it as waking up on game day.
you dont know what the weather is then, why should you know in advance here?

to practice every condition? or choose to not play?

not me, i commit and am always surprised - like christmas - when i get to the first tee, and adjust accordingly :)

but then i dont get any christmas presents either :P so what do i know?

bottom line - doesnt matter to me ~
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby Dr_Dave on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:16 pm

BruceBo wrote: why should you know in advance here?

to practice every condition? or choose to not play?

Why should you know here? My answer to that is why not? I'm a curious person.

To practice every condition? or choose to not play? Neither, practicing a course is like watching paint dry. 3 windy rounds may cause a non-participation in a certain tournament on my part. But the real reasons are to adjust the clubs in my bag and decide whether my ani wears shorts or slacks. Ya gotta look good when you play!!

How did I do Bruce? :D
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby Bruce Bo on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:22 pm

Dr_Dave wrote:Why should you know here? My answer to that is why not? I'm a curious person.

To practice every condition? or choose to not play? Neither, practicing a course is like watching paint dry. 3 windy rounds may cause a non-participation in a certain tournament on my part. But the real reasons are to adjust the clubs in my bag and decide whether my ani wears shorts or slacks. Ya gotta look good when you play!!

How did I do Bruce? :D

Ya did juzz fine Doc.... grade "A" material (on your pants anyway) ;)
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby ErnieB on Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:02 pm

lstouradmin wrote:Well, my initial reason for doing the conditions like that was to hide exactly what the conditions were so I only show what the 'weather' is.

Mark

If there was a way to not display the exact conditions for each round within the game (before starting the round), that would be fine by me. :twisted:
ErnieB

Postby lstouradmin on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:51 pm

ErnieB wrote:
lstouradmin wrote:Well, my initial reason for doing the conditions like that was to hide exactly what the conditions were so I only show what the 'weather' is.

Mark

If there was a way to not display the exact conditions for each round within the game (before starting the round), that would be fine by me. :twisted:

There isn't currently a way to do this but I am looking into it. At least as an event option.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby canuck on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:13 pm

ErnieB wrote:

Mark

i was thinking the same, have it some way so this data is not sent to links , only for official events. or send some fake blank data.
am i getting too technical imao
canuck

Postby BruceWallace on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:00 pm

ErnieB wrote:

Mark

Like the old Golfcom days, I too prefer not knowing the conditions until I start a round.
BruceWallace

Next

Return to Talk About It