Requalified @ Bighorn

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Requalified @ Bighorn

Postby Cuber on Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:15 pm

During round 1 at Bighorn Links crashed but was able to requalify with the 1 stroke penalty and finish the round ... but scoreboad currently showing N/A and that I have not started ... did I requalify incorrectly ?
edit:
Really confused now :? ... have been able to restart round 1 again so I guess all is well ?
Cuber

Postby lstouradmin on Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:59 am

You should be good to go.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:53 am

Mark, just out of curiosity, what is the current lspn tour event policy pertaining to reQs? lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby mercedes on Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:19 am

I also "crashed" on Champ at Bighorn, but after 2 reboots of Links, it finally allowed me to continue where I left off on hole 5. Maybe just some "kinks" for the official events yet? It's been awhile since I crashed? Luckily got back in here, but not so lucky with Memorial, as it didn't allow me to RQ, even with penalty?

Scott
If your not the lead dog, the view never changes.
mercedes

Postby lstouradmin on Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:34 pm

mercedes wrote:I also "crashed" on Champ at Bighorn, but after 2 reboots of Links, it finally allowed me to continue where I left off on hole 5. Maybe just some "kinks" for the official events yet? It's been awhile since I crashed? Luckily got back in here, but not so lucky with Memorial, as it didn't allow me to RQ, even with penalty?

Scott

Well, Links will still crash from time to time but the game should allow a resume.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby lstouradmin on Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:35 pm

Larry_Warrilow wrote:Mark, just out of curiosity, what is the current lspn tour event policy pertaining to reQs? lw

ReQs are in right now until I make sure the kinks are worked out - like the submit problem over the last few weeks. Once everything looks good I'm going to remove ReQs from official events or may leave 1 per event.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:43 pm

our experience over 35 weeks of arcade no reQ champ events has been that the contenders have never experienced a deQ. whether that is because they were playing offline for safety is not known, but that is the method i have recommended for my own long running no reQ event because it poses to the players the smallest exposure to connectivity problems that might result in a dQ.

a tour policy allowing a reQ with a penalty is fair and may focus players attention on the connectivity risks of online play with respect to tour competition. this site has never required any form of verified game score email submission, which has made tour play scoring simple and automatic. if every reQ was accompanied by a minimal penalty, it would thus be nice that the age of do-over free reQ a b u s e might finally be over. lw

Last edited by Larry_Warrilow on Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Larry_Warrilow

Postby OHNONO on Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:49 pm

ReQ/resume should cost a stroke imo
O
OHNONO

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:59 pm

can you (lol) believe that the word "a b u s e" got censored. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Dr_Dave on Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:32 pm

Larry_Warrilow wrote:can you (lol) believe that the word "a b u s e" got censored. lw

I sure can!! :wink:
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby Dr_Dave on Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:44 pm

Here's one for ya. I got a 'Links encountered problem' error on the 11th hole at Bighorn and it would not let me resume. Mark said there was a requal available. I went to LSN hit the requal and it said you have been requalified for this event with a penalty stroke. I hate playing a course over but what the heck it's the start of a new season. I go back into Links and it now reads, you crashed would you like to resume? Sure I do, I resume and finish the round. Now Links reads your stats could not be sent....huh??? No way no how will it allow my stats to be sent. A windy round at Bighorn and Links wants me to play the 18 again....I think not. I guess my season will start next week :(
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby mercedes on Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:58 pm

Dave

Had similar issues. I had to RQ both Champ events due to same. Concur, getting through Bighorn most of way first time was no walk in the park. Might give er another shot though.

I also agree a 1x RQ for tourney events is fair just due to crashes, etc.. I do play offline and still had crashes this morning. Also, my earleir post was not whining, as I understand kinks exist. Just an FYI to Mark...Thx

Scott
If your not the lead dog, the view never changes.
mercedes

Postby Cuber on Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:59 pm

Dr_Dave wrote:Here's one for ya. I got a 'Links encountered problem' error on the 11th hole at Bighorn and it would not let me resume. Mark said there was a requal available. I went to LSN hit the requal and it said you have been requalified for this event with a penalty stroke. I hate playing a course over but what the heck it's the start of a new season. I go back into Links and it now reads, you crashed would you like to resume? Sure I do, I resume and finish the round. Now Links reads your stats could not be sent....huh??? No way no how will it allow my stats to be sent. A windy round at Bighorn and Links wants me to play the 18 again....I think not. I guess my season will start next week :(

Thank you Dr Dave ... you have described what I too encountered and which started this thread orginally.

After my second crash during my requalify round, I responded that did not want to resume and was told in a message that I could submit my stats the next time I logged onto the tour.

I did log back onto the tour and tho no stats were submitted I did get to restart from the beginning round 1 at Bighorn.

So does this mean that currently a requalify is possible as long as you don't let Links automatically resume from where it crashed and you restart the round with the penalty stroke from the very beginning?
Cuber

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:14 pm

doc, a dQ usually means you're out in a no reQ event and may cost a penalty in those events that allow reQs. however, "abandoned" means you're still alive.

an offer of a resume by links when you're still in your current round generally puts you back exactly where the game crashed with no penalty, because the crash is due to an operational error of the game rather than a plug pull.

because so many more players are broadband online players, we may be seeing many dQs resulting from very minor server connectivity problems that the players will not notice until they finish their round and are notified that the server will not accept stats.

as we have remarked again and again, offline play exposes players to the minimum of connectivity score reporting problems. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby JackRussellTerror on Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:19 pm

crashed here too :(

Round 1 at Muirfield, was 7 under after 8 :D :D :D then game froze (not normal on my PC). Warm booted, restart Links, "Links has crashed, Do you wish to Resume" yep. "Sorry, you cannot Resume this tournament" :shock: :shock: :shock:

HUH !!!! ggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

so i disqualified myself, and with a requaly restarted from first T and struggled to a 12 under with a one shot penalty ggrrrrrrrrrr :evil:

NOT happy JAN !! lol

:wink:
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Next

Return to Talk About It