NO LADIES TEES HERE!!!!

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

NO LADIES TEES HERE!!!!

Postby UncleDunc on Sat May 19, 2007 5:36 am

If you are looking for a Pro tournament, with Back Tees, I've created "Back in Black" all the courses have "Black" in the name. Good luck and have fun!

Here are shortcuts to the course downloads so you don't need to search all the pages of tourneys:

http://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1328

http://www.linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1308

http://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1692

http://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1206

Uncle Dunc

:twisted:
UncleDunc

Postby lstucz on Sun May 20, 2007 5:59 am

I'll be joining you on the tees this morning. Just as soon as my coffee is ready and the fog clears from my eyes. :wink:
Lou
lstucz

Postby UncleDunc on Sun May 20, 2007 7:22 pm

Thanks Lou, good luck buddy!
UncleDunc

Ladies Tees

Postby fundraiser on Mon May 21, 2007 8:44 am

Just a quick question. I play the Amateur area and it seems that all the tournaments are from the Ladies tees. Why is this? FR
fundraiser

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon May 21, 2007 1:35 pm

dont get me started :D
RoyHiggi

Ladies Tees

Postby fundraiser on Mon May 21, 2007 1:45 pm

Ok I won't. I like the Ladies Tees Because it is sooooooooo close. FR :D
fundraiser

Re: Ladies Tees

Postby Dr_Dave on Mon May 21, 2007 3:09 pm

fundraiser wrote:Just a quick question. I play the Amateur area and it seems that all the tournaments are from the Ladies tees. Why is this? FR

The subject of this thread really says it all. Theses guys play Links one way....the manly way. You won't see them in ammy events with 10 mullies from the ladies tees. Why, because the competition is way too tough.

Your choice is simple, play in the manly events where maybe 10% play or play in the fun events where 90% play, but only 10% rise to the top. Reason being, the competition is fierce!!

In the mean time we can start having some fun with this thread. :)
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby lstucz on Mon May 21, 2007 3:53 pm

Great choice of courses and nice mix of conditions. Really makes you think about how you play. That's the way golf should be played.

I don't get out on the links real time very often. But, when I do, we usually play the back tees. How the heck can you hit a dickout, if you start from the ladies tees, lol. :lol:

From the first time I played Links about 8 years ago, I always used the back tees. Until recently on the tour with the advent of creating our own tournaments, I usually played ammy with a few forays into the pro settings. Since we have started creating our own, it seems like the vast majority want to play fast and score high to boost their own egos. (How that really works, I don't understand. Performing well under tough conditions does more for my ego.) The few challenging tourneys I have created don't seem to attract many players, just like the Back In Black tourney.

So, since I have become accustomed to the way my newly built system is working, I have decided to stay out of ammy and concentrate on pro and champ tournaments. It gets awfully boring to hit -21 to -25 every round. Even worse yet to hit that well and still not come close to winning. Sadly, we are seeing more ladies tees with soft greens in the pro tour, too.

It's good to see there are still a few people around that like to be challenged.

Leave the ladies to their wussy tournaments. :oops:

Us men will play real golf! Let's keep the variety of courses and conditions flowing.
Lou
lstucz

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon May 21, 2007 4:23 pm

Careful Dave people might start believing you actually believe what you say :D
RoyHiggi

Postby Dr_Dave on Mon May 21, 2007 6:54 pm

Come on Roy don't keep me in suspense, are you in the "Us men will play real golf!" category? :o
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue May 22, 2007 12:45 am

:D You know very well I come from the real golf and not golf sim category :D
RoyHiggi

Postby Dr_Dave on Tue May 22, 2007 4:56 am

Good answer Roy :D :D :D
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby MNicely on Tue May 22, 2007 5:13 am

You know very well I come from the real golf and not golf sim category

anyone who hasnt heard about it ... we have a Real Life Golf event every year .... called Links Day Outing .... this will be the 9th one ...
try this link and maybe you can still register to attend ... this year it is in Madison Ohio ...

hope to see more Real Life golfers there ... 30 peeps already committed to attending ....

the event page:
http://www.linksgolfday.com/

the course :
http://www.thunderhillgolf.com/

i play more Links than real golf due to serious back problems ... but I still manage a few rounds a year .... come join us ....
"Everyone has the right to be wrong"
MNicely

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Tue May 22, 2007 5:33 am

doc is right that only a few of us play the upper levels and enjoy that kind of challenge, but those of us who have been around here for awhile know that the am ladies tee type events have drawn big fields for a long time, and if that's what a lot of the players enjoy, they ought to get what they want. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Ladies Tees

Postby fundraiser on Tue May 22, 2007 7:00 am

So your telling me that if I don't play in the champion levels but stay in amateur I have to play ladies tees because the leadership of this site is too lazy or conceited to allow all levels of challenge for all types of players. That is crap and condisending. I like this site but feel like an outcast by some of you "GRATE" players. My bet is that the majority of players play in the Amateur level. I like the swing type. Now as soon as I start winning big time at that level it is of no value to move up. And as for my manlyness-I was a Marine, a college football player and take offence for the way I play on a computer. :( Sorry for the tyraid. How about some fairness and some humility. FR
fundraiser

Next

Return to Talk About It