Match Play or Flights?

Poll ended at Fri May 18, 2007 2:37 pm

Match Play
19%
Flights
80%

Total votes : 102

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed May 16, 2007 11:12 pm

the number of registered site users is not a very significant number because most of the IDs are not currently active. when the indie site was in its last full (33 week) season (spring of '06) there were about 1500 players, and about 1300 were proveably active in any given week. only 6% of the actives posted at least once a week, only 3.3% posted at least three times per week, and only 1.3% posted at least once a day.

more interesting: less than 10 to 15% of the actives were actually regular readers of the forum. apparently the bulk of the active members spent their time playing, not reading and posting.

these days, since comprehensive stats are not kept, while it's possible but not easy to assemble a credible number for our active player population, it must be significantly smaller than in the spring of '06.

since at least 85% of the membership in the past were not regular forum readers, 85 current votes is not a statistically insignificant number these days, especially looking at the lopsided vote.

when the plsa, lsch, lstr (or similar tours) and flight event catagories come back with full stats and rankings, we'll see more actives in events, but the same small crew will be cranking out most of the forum literature (and presumably (lol) voting). lw

Postby UncleDunc on Fri May 18, 2007 7:49 am

the number of registered site users is not a very significant number because most of the IDs are not currently active. when the indie site was in its last full (33 week) season (spring of '06) there were about 1500 players, and about 1300 were proveably active in any given week. only 6% of the actives posted at least once a week, only 3.3% posted at least three times per week, and only 1.3% posted at least once a day.

more interesting: less than 10 to 15% of the actives were actually regular readers of the forum. apparently the bulk of the active members spent their time playing, not reading and posting.

HUH?...lol

j/k Larry Interesting stats

Unca Dunc
UncleDunc

Postby TIG__Ripper on Fri May 18, 2007 8:07 am

Im guessing theres only about 300 active users, the rest are duplicates/old names. Which is too bad, because this site is seeing vast improvements thanks to Mark!!! :D :shock:
TIG__Ripper

Postby Hittman on Fri May 18, 2007 10:36 am

Thanks Larry....great insite as usual

Westview's poll shows more to me about the forum browsers than true interest in the LSPN structuring plans.

Whenever they get the system set up, will it matter whether matchplay or flights are preferred features, I think not. We have a hungry set of linksters ready to jump on any train the LSPN team can pilot.

Patience is a small price to pay when the cost is still free and the guys doing the work are basically doing it on their own. Measure the success in the the very fact we still have a forum and a workable venue.

Thanks again to Mark and for his dedication to see this project through
Rob
Hittman

Postby IBHackin on Fri May 18, 2007 11:00 am

Though I voted for Flights, the only way to get them is through LSPN tournies, not arcade events. I hope to see PGA, LS Challenge events soon and then flights should be the natural off shoot of those tournies.

Steve
IBHackin

Postby Westview on Fri May 18, 2007 1:37 pm

Hittman wrote:
Westview's poll shows more to me about the forum browsers than true interest in the LSPN structuring plans.

Whenever they get the system set up, will it matter whether matchplay or flights are preferred features, I think not.

Actually, it was Mark who asked me to conduct this poll.
http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... highlight=
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby PUTTERGREEN on Sat May 19, 2007 6:55 am

I think flights is a great feature. I hope flighta as well as points come back
BEAR GRRR
PUTTERGREEN

Postby PUTTERGREEN on Sat May 19, 2007 6:57 am

:oops: How do we vote on this .I have been looking for about 15 minutes where to vote . :oops:
BEAR GRRR
PUTTERGREEN

Postby Westview on Sat May 19, 2007 7:45 am

When I created this poll, I set the vote length for 1 week.
It's been 1 week now, so the poll has finished.
Even if I was to extend the poll date, it looks like "Flights" is the clear winner.
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby Geewhiz on Sat May 19, 2007 8:20 am

although I missed the deadline. I have to add my opinion. If matchmaker is not available for use, this game takes a big dip in fun for me. If I cant golf alongside a buddy or 3, then I probably wont golf on this tour. (IS this where the trolls come out?)
Golfing is fun fer sure', but its 10 times the glee , when golfing along with a few good buddies , trashtalking along the way, and highfiving after a great shot (so to speak)
Although flights are absolutley great to add, I think they should be put behind matchplay in priority.
I believe this isnt a true poll in accuracy. If most of the players that frequent this forum are socially inept, then of course they are going to choose "flights"
I think this is a HUGE mistake if they dont honor matchplay.
Geewhiz

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sat May 19, 2007 8:25 am

Geewhiz wrote:although I missed the deadline. I have to add my opinion. If matchmaker is not available for use, this game takes a big dip in fun for me. If I cant golf alongside a buddy or 3, then I probably wont golf on this tour. (IS this where the trolls come out?)
Golfing is fun fer sure', but its 10 times the glee , when golfing along with a few good buddies , trashtalking along the way, and highfiving after a great shot (so to speak)
Although flights are absolutley great to add, I think they should be put behind matchplay in priority.
I believe this isnt a true poll in accuracy. If most of the players that frequent this forum are socially inept, then of course they are going to choose "flights"
I think this is a HUGE mistake if they dont honor matchplay.

Anybody looking for matchplay, that can use skype for communicating during a round, can go here http://www.btinternet.com/~stevefr/ISLHome.html
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby geno41 on Sat May 19, 2007 10:36 am

Flights
geno41

Postby lstouradmin on Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:27 am

Hittman wrote:Amazing......the lspn shows we have over 7,000 registered users....and yet only 84 are willing to respond to your poll Mike?

Is there a clue here on what the general links population is interested in?

For the most part this forum is a positive place to gain information, but from what I interpret in the response to this poll is that we have been out of circulation for so long that getting people to care is a more difficult task than it really should be.

Nice try Westview, and I would hope once we get some structure to the LSPN events the interest will return, and I know that I will.

Well, 7000 is not an accurate figure. Of those 7000 how many are duplicate IDs, changed names, and spammer accounts. I may go through and do a purge of the member database of those who haven't played a round or who haven't played a round in the last 6 months or so.

Also, official events have begun. The rankings will be updated next week as well as everyone receiving a flight designation who is ranked at that time.

Flight tournies will be up and running the following week.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby lstouradmin on Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:40 am

The real number is 1403 active members.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Talk About It