4 game no going to server after finish

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

4 game no going to server after finish

Postby TigerLarry626 on Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:22 pm

This has happened to me 4 times now. I complete all 4 couses in a challange and only the first 3 the server accepts. The 4 game after completeing 18 holes long delay and then it says the server could not be found and you can try again when you next log to links. If I say yes it repeats and will not let me go to any other games. If I say no is says I will be disqualified. Is any other players having this trouble. What is the sullution? There is no requalifing on your site either.
:shock:
TigerLarry626

Re: 4 game no going to server after finish

Postby tryandtyoneon on Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:29 pm

TigerLarry626 wrote: There is no requalifing on your site either.
:shock:

Can't help you with the first part but for requals, goto your "competing in" page and look for a double blue hurricane thingy symbol next to the tourny you are d-qued in....click it and you will see if requals are an option for that tourny

Note: you need to try to gain entry back into the tourny ( get told you are disqualified) before the blue double arrow thingy shows up

Edit:.....as for your first problem, are you playing offline or online?
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby TigerLarry626 on Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:47 pm

Playing on line, I never play offline.
TigerLarry626

Postby tryandtyoneon on Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:53 pm

TigerLarry626 wrote:Playing on line, I never play offline.

try a round or 2 off line, the only difference is there is no ingame leaderboard to lose you focus on and the server only tries to connect once, at the very end, rather than hoping it stays connected for the entire round. just a thought

tryandtyoneon

try off line

Postby TigerLarry626 on Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:21 pm

I did that and they last round went throu ok but I had to wait almost 5 minutes before it did. I did a round before on line and it went throu with no problem or waiting. I guess it is just certain games that hang up.
TigerLarry626

Postby terrell on Tue May 01, 2007 3:36 am

terrell wrote:
LACERS wrote:After playing R2 it would not upload stats, tried like 10 times, no success, rebooted and tried to submit, same thing, oh well, read someone else had same thing happen in a R2 after not playing on tour for awhile.

george, everyone is having similar stats submission problems to varying degrees, e.g. i've had the problem maybe twice since mark merged the test and main sites, and it seems others are never able to successfully send stats. it's a niggling problem that's been around for awhile. but i swapped pm's with mark last night regarding the stats submission and buffer overrun detected problems while checking the leaderboards of certain tournaments. so he's aware, and will be making a concerted effort to correct the problems on the server side, if possible.

also, i've only not been able to submit stats once. even though you'll receive a message saying stats were not submitted, click 'no', you don't wanna continue to try to submit stats. you'll get a message saying you've been disqualified. but if you'll check the leaderboard on the homepage, you may find the stats did in fact go through. i dunno why, i just report 'em.
terrell

Her we go again

Postby TigerLarry626 on Sat May 05, 2007 3:05 pm

This time it said "Cannot sumitt stats as the game server is down. This was after the 3rd round. Another game I get screwed out of again with good scores so far.

Sorry, but this is getting very very frustrating.

ALSO another termenent I was playing in , I completed th 2nd round with again good scores and then the game disapeared from the list. This one was last night.

I guess we have to play these games with a club and a prayer that the game server does not crash or go haywire again.
:x :x :x :x :x
TigerLarry626

Re: Her we go again

Postby gibby on Sat May 05, 2007 3:24 pm

another termenent I was playing in , I completed th 2nd round with again good scores and then the game disapeared from the list. This one was last night.

ck the ending date b-4 playing, this way if you can't finnish 4 rds don't start
gibby

Postby TigerLarry626 on Sat May 05, 2007 3:50 pm

I did and thought it said it ended on 5/08/2007. I could be wrong, but I always check the ending daite and if it is already had the total number of players before I start any ternunment.

This still does not solve the server problem
TigerLarry626

Postby MNicely on Sat May 05, 2007 6:58 pm

havent played in quite awhile .... but same thing happened for em .. couldnt send the 4th round ... got tired of trying to send it ... clicked no to option and said i would be DQed.... but all 4 rounds show up in my events ....
nice to have so many options for tourney play .... keep up the great work ...
"Everyone has the right to be wrong"
MNicely

Postby kracken on Sun May 06, 2007 11:28 am

Same here MNicely. Ever since the new server has been up my stats for the 4th round say they won't go. I play offline in 2K1. Just say no when it says you will be DQ'ed. Your stats still go. :wink:
Kracken
kracken

Again

Postby TigerLarry626 on Thu May 10, 2007 8:09 pm

Well gang here we go again. "Could not post because server error"" I completed the 4th round of Fun Every 1 which does not expire untill 5/12/2007, OFFLINE as suggested above and It crapted on me again. What ever you mixed with the game server has screwed it all up. Take it off untill you find the problem.

It is so frustrating to play all four rounds (One right after the other), only to have it craped out and waisted 2 to 3 hours playing.

You all had it working just fine before you merged. Have you ever hear of the expresion ---" If it ain't broke don't mess with it!!"
TigerLarry626

Re: Again

Postby tryandtyoneon on Thu May 10, 2007 8:54 pm

TigerLarry626 wrote:Well gang here we go again. "Could not post because server error"" I completed the 4th round of Fun Every 1 which does not expire untill 5/12/2007, OFFLINE as suggested above and It crapted on me again. What ever you mixed with the game server has screwed it all up. Take it off untill you find the problem.

It is so frustrating to play all four rounds (One right after the other), only to have it craped out and waisted 2 to 3 hours playing.

You all had it working just fine before you merged. Have you ever hear of the expresion ---" If it ain't broke don't mess with it!!"

Relax.......all will be ok......sounds to me, if you're taking 2-3 hrs to play 4 rounds, ya might think of improving your game while Mark is improving the site.........Just a thought

tryandtyoneon

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Thu May 10, 2007 11:42 pm

45 minutes per round sounds about right to me. that's what it's been taking me since i started whether i've been working on my game or not. i enjoy actually looking at the course i'm playing. and of course it helps that (offline) i'm not getting dQed either. one thing is true: the only time i had an offline game screwup in tour play is when i tried to play four rounds in a row without rebooting the game. maybe little errors keep piling up the longer you play. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Just a thought

Postby TigerLarry626 on Fri May 11, 2007 11:50 am

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm working on improveing my game and takeing time to make my shots. I'm not a pro and will never be in the top 10 as all the pro's have that spot. 45 minutes per game is about right. I'm just happy to finish the game.
TigerLarry626

Return to Talk About It