PLSA Children's Houston Open

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: PLSA Children's Houston Open

Postby RonnieSmith on Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:35 am

Hmm, I guess that was the only thing I did well. I was in the island fairway all 4 rounds, but still only birdied twice.

Ronnie

RoyHiggi wrote:
RoyHiggi wrote:
GoesForIt wrote:the back nine got me Harpo. -6 after the front, then +1 on the back. I had no idea what you'd shot so it would have been a surprise to me.

I like this course. Narrow. If you miss the snap off the tee, there's a good chance for water or sand.

Actually, it was #12 that got me. I thought a 3-metal would be perfect for hitting the island. Just the slightest push put me in the drink and rehit was the only good option.

I’ve not decided yet what to do on that hole when I play champ. I’ll have to be feeling really confident with the snap to go for it. Probably will on round 1 and see

In the end I went for the island in all 4 rounds. Got lucky I guess as I missed the snap on 3 of the rounds and each time ended on the river bank instead of in the water. Chipped out and managed a par each time when it could have been so much worse.
RonnieSmith

Postby Draggon on Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:11 pm

Harpo wrote:Break Line Indicator. If you have it turned on when you set up your player, it shows on the green the slope of the green. Some use it for telling the break of a putt vs the grid lines on the green. Some use both in combination I think.

Gotcha, thanks! I just use the grid lines, so I guess the funkiness of BIL doesn't bother me... :D However, I distinctly recall a putt on one of these greens (forget which one) that the grid lines showed the putt starting left and when I hit it (perfect snap), it went a little right instead, and of course, I missed the putt. Mentally noted but immediately disregarded it as one of those Links anomalies.
Draggon

Postby albatros on Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:07 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: GREMLINS :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
albatros

Previous

Return to Talk About It