PLSA FedEx Cup Points update

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA FedEx Cup Points update

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:06 pm

I've looked everywhere (I think) and I cannot get a update on the FedEx Cup points breakdown for 2024. I'm using the 2022-2023 season which is contained in the PGA Tour Media Guide.

I'll continue to to use the numbers I've got. Even though I know the max value I don't know the breakdown. I'm a computer programmer so I can probably transpose from 2022-2023 to 2024. I'll try. Until I can, it's 2022-2023 points. Puerto Rico coming up is 300, The AP Invitational is 700 this year but only 600 in 2022-2023.
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA FedEx Cup Points update

Postby pmgolf on Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:18 pm

I'm guessing it might be the signature events you're most concerned about, and also the events played when tie majors are going on, but here is all I could find.

The 2024 season includes 35 regular-season events before the start of the three-event playoff series that ends at the Tour Championship Aug. 29-Sept. 1. For standard regular-season PGA Tour events, 500 FedEx Cups are awarded to the winner, with points also being earned by every player making the cut. For the tour’s eight signature events, 700 points goes to the winner, while 750 points are given to the champion of the four majors and the Players. Lastly, 300 points are given to the winner of any event played in the same week as a major or signature event.

I didn't see the weekly breakdown, but I figured you probably already know that.

Pete
pmgolf

Re: PLSA FedEx Cup Points update

Postby GoesForIt on Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:41 am

pmgolf wrote:I'm guessing it might be the signature events you're most concerned about, and also the events played when tie majors are going on, but here is all I could find.

The 2024 season includes 35 regular-season events before the start of the three-event playoff series that ends at the Tour Championship Aug. 29-Sept. 1. For standard regular-season PGA Tour events, 500 FedEx Cups are awarded to the winner, with points also being earned by every player making the cut. For the tour’s eight signature events, 700 points goes to the winner, while 750 points are given to the champion of the four majors and the Players. Lastly, 300 points are given to the winner of any event played in the same week as a major or signature event.

I didn't see the weekly breakdown, but I figured you probably already know that.

Pete

I hear ya... but do you know the points breakdown... like 700, ???, ???, ???. 750, ???, ???, ???. I may just stick with the 2022-2023 know quantity.
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It