Mud slides

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Mud slides

Postby Harpo on Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:32 pm

Are any of our California golfers close to where all the bad weather and mud slides are? It looks bad but is it just in a certain location? When we here in Florida have bad flooding it is usually in a certain location that floods all the time and the news makes it looks like the whole state is flooding. Just wondering if this is the same thing that happens out there.

Hope all is safe anyways.
Jim
Harpo

Re: Mud slides

Postby Bassmaster on Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:09 pm

Harpo wrote:Are any of our California golfers close to where all the bad weather and mud slides are? It looks bad but is it just in a certain location? When we here in Florida have bad flooding it is usually in a certain location that floods all the time and the news makes it looks like the whole state is flooding. Just wondering if this is the same thing that happens out there.

Hope all is safe anyways.

I'm sort of near them and I know the area very well. It's pretty much just in the mountainous areas that getting hit hard.These people built those homes on bluffs overlooking the ocean. I always wondered why they'd do this. I've always wonder also that say you bought a acre of property on one of these bluffs that totally gives out to a mud slide, now your property no longer exists, at least on paper. What do you own?
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Re: Mud slides

Postby rwoodworkr on Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:43 pm

Bassmaster wrote:...I've always wonder also that say you bought a acre of property on one of these bluffs that totally gives out to a mud slide, now your property no longer exists, at least on paper. What do you own?

An acre of thin air? :lol:
rwoodworkr

Return to Talk About It