Need an Update on Tour

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Need an Update on Tour

Postby LACERS on Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:46 pm

What have I missed in the last year? Any rankings system active? I've been off doing fantasy sports and now that Basketball Season is over, I might as well start back playing.
LACERS

Postby Westview on Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:05 pm

Wow...it's George. :shock:
No ranking systems yet George, but there will be eventually.
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby DennisHarris on Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:45 pm

George welcome back. Not any official LSPN tour Tournaments yet, nor are there any rankings or flights assignments. That said, there are plenty of tournaments available to play in the arcade area. All set up by players. Heck you can even set one up yourself .... if you got the kahunas :P. Good to have you back George. Roy, Ollie, Bruce and company need some competition. :twisted:
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Hey George, good to see ya

Postby HeavySwinger on Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:10 pm

Each tournament does have stats saved, but there are no overall stats yet. Mark is working on further mods to Links that will among other things merge the current 1.05 and 1.06 versions together. Several of the old linksters are hanging around in Skype nowadays, you might want to stop by and say hello sometime, I'm HeavySwinger2K3 over there.
Larry
HeavySwinger

Re: Need an Update on Tour

Postby BruceWallace on Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:44 pm

LACERS wrote:What have I missed in the last year? Any rankings system active? I've been off doing fantasy sports and now that Basketball Season is over, I might as well start back playing.

Hi George! It's been a long time since I have seen a post from you. How have you been?

The tour has been a bit slow to get up and running, but it will eventually get there. There are some good folks who have not let the game of Links die.
BruceWallace

Postby OHNONO on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:19 am

OHNOOOOOOOO ... its him The Lago... Man .... :twisted:
OHNONO

Postby TIG__Ripper on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:57 am

Havent played links for a year ? Yeah right...LoL
LACERS.wav.....He He :shock:
TIG__Ripper

Postby LACERS on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:34 pm

OHNONO wrote:OHNOOOOOOOO ... its him The Lago... Man .... :twisted:

I am expecting you to play in my Tourney, unless you are underwater at Lago.
LACERS

Postby OHNONO on Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:18 pm

hmmm ...... simgolf,nascar or bowling ?
OHNONO

Postby LACERS on Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:41 pm

OHNONO wrote:hmmm ...... simgolf,nascar or bowling ?

Name of the LS tourney is LACERS Return.
LACERS

Postby ErnieB on Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:42 pm

LACERS wrote:Name of the LS tourney is LACERS Return.

Wow, 4 foot gimmies and no WINDY round, you really ARE out of practice! :lol:

It's been some time since I played Pro and v1.05 but I may have a lash. Who knows, I could even shoot in 4 rounds what you scored at Barton. :wink:

Good to see you again pard.
ErnieB

Postby LACERS on Tue May 01, 2007 12:01 am

ErnieB wrote:
LACERS wrote:Name of the LS tourney is LACERS Return.

Wow, 4 foot gimmies and no WINDY round, you really ARE out of practice! :lol:

It's been some time since I played Pro and v1.05 but I may have a lash. Who knows, I could even shoot in 4 rounds what you scored at Barton. :wink:

Good to see you again pard.

lol I am stuck only with Barton score. After playing R2 it would not upload stats, tried like 10 times, no success, rebooted and tried to submit, same thing, oh well, read someone else had same thing happen in a R2 after not playing on tour for awhile.
LACERS

Postby terrell on Tue May 01, 2007 3:30 am

LACERS wrote:After playing R2 it would not upload stats, tried like 10 times, no success, rebooted and tried to submit, same thing, oh well, read someone else had same thing happen in a R2 after not playing on tour for awhile.

george, everyone is having similar stats submission problems to varying degrees, e.g. i've had the problem maybe twice since mark merged the test and main sites, and it seems others are never able to successfully send stats. it's a niggling problem that's been around for awhile. but i swapped pm's with mark last night regarding the stats submission and buffer overrun detected problems while checking the leaderboards of certain tournaments. so he's aware, and will be making a concerted effort to correct the problems on the server side, if possible.

also, i've only not been able to submit stats once. even though you'll receive a message saying stats were not submitted, click 'no', you don't wanna continue to try to submit stats. you'll get a message saying you've been disqualified. but if you'll check the leaderboard on the homepage, you may find the stats did in fact go through. i dunno why, i just report 'em.
terrell

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Thu May 03, 2007 3:55 am

george, while the old LS tracks are still available for play, there are now a ton of fabulous apcd courses available for tour play. you had better get hip to these new courses because barton creek et al are already becoming pretty rare competitive venues on this site. lw

___
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Westview on Fri May 04, 2007 3:15 pm

did anyone else delete Rams Hill course from their hard drive after playing this tourney?Image
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Next

Return to Talk About It