PLSA Pebble

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA Pebble

Postby GoesForIt on Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:45 pm

Dumbest 4-putt on #9 in round #2, then ob right on #14 trying to bend it around the corner. (never, ever done that before). RATS!!!!!!!!!!!
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA Pebble

Postby Harpo on Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:01 am

My step counting method is wearing me out this week. Not only on the greens but in the fairway also. Then throw in some gusty made this week a challenge. Something we need now and then. 4th round C/C is going to be a tough go for me with the slope and breezy M/F conditions.
Jim
Harpo

Postby pmgolf on Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:57 am

Better than what it could be, Harpo. B Fc Fc in round 3 at Pebble on the World Tour! :D

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Harpo on Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:14 am

pmgolf wrote:Better than what it could be, Harpo. B Fc Fc in round 3 at Pebble on the World Tour! :D

Pete

Yikes, good luck with that round. :shock:
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:27 am

Harpo wrote:My step counting method is wearing me out this week. Not only on the greens but in the fairway also. Then throw in some gusty made this week a challenge. Something we need now and then. 4th round C/C is going to be a tough go for me with the slope and breezy M/F conditions.

Don't know about step counting but that 4th round was painful anyhooo. Played very well tee to green (one exception) but holing putts was a nightmare. Just cant see them and got on the downhill side far too often.

Even when the break doesnt look that much you know it is and its worse down hill. I think I started not allowing enough, then too much and after missing a few I start losing the snap so I start thinking i'd be better just lagging 10 footers as the ones coming back are also tricky. 6 putts missed of under 11 feet aaarrrggh

and relax
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:56 pm

Wow, glad that last round is over. To many putts above the hole and hear my guys say "hold on" when some of them I'm only hitting the number 2 dot or less on the red meter. I know it's going way by.

Look's like Doug M had a couple of bad holes.
Jim
Harpo

Postby MasterMontgomery on Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:21 pm

Harpo wrote:Wow, glad that last round is over. To many putts above the hole and hear my guys say "hold on" when some of them I'm only hitting the number 2 dot or less on the red meter. I know it's going way by.

Look's like Doug M had a couple of bad holes.

Wow, a nice 11. Hole 14 has given me trouble all week. All because of the
tee shot. I know better, but it keeps tempting me. So i was in the trap
off the drive with an almost vertical lie. Almost aimed it 60 degrees left
but it went ob right. 3 times i did that (Stupid) but funny.

Doug :oops: :) :)
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby Harpo on Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:33 pm

I never play that hole good enough to reach in two. This week I aimed for the second sand trap on the far side of the fairway and played a fade. Only swung late one time and ended up in your trap. On the middle tees drove it over the trap. Yeah, an 11 can take the wind out of your sail in a round. Last round snapped just a hair early on the tee at 18 and found the beach.
Jim
Harpo

Return to Talk About It