PLSA tourny....

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA tourny....

Postby ds3224 on Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:36 pm

Even the 20 under guys are reluctant to play this tournament. Now, I know why. The conditions and the greens etc. are horrible, not to mention the course itself....but I had fun anyway....
ds3224

Re: PLSA tourny....

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:54 pm

ds3224 wrote:Even the 20 under guys are reluctant to play this tournament. Now, I know why. The conditions and the greens etc. are horrible, not to mention the course itself....but I had fun anyway....

:lol: sounds like you had a ball :lol: :lol:
RoyHiggi

Postby albatros on Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:45 am

sort of a love/hate relationship it sounds like.

there maybe enough interest to purchase a bulldozer yet :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen:

albatros

a bouncing ball never sleeps
albatros

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:10 pm

Not really sure I get the dislike. Fairways are very big so hitting them is “easy”. Plenty of slopes to deal with on the approach shots and some of the greens but that just makes it a challenge. That’s what it should be isn’t it, much better than flat fairways and greens surely!
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:30 pm

I don't really mind the course. There are a few tough holes that you have to play smart. A shorter hole on the back side that I hit 5W off the tee all 4 rounds to avoid the 3/4 shot that I seem to hit a little long a lot of times. Hole 5 I can't seem to hit my second shot close enough with that pin placement. Speaking of pin placements, yeah I know there are some bad one's on this course but I think due to the C/C events there were at least 9 holes with the same pin location all 4 rounds to avoid them.

Would be nice to see different pin locations for Pro and C/C events. But thanks to Doug for doing them for C/C as with M/F conditions in that last round I was lucky enough to hit my approach shots to a somewhat str8 putt.
Jim
Harpo

Return to Talk About It