The return of Round Two It

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

The return of Round Two It

Postby stvn6165 on Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:40 pm

Hi to all;

After years of not playing here at LSPN, I have restarted the Round Two It league back up again. It's called Round Two It because I've always like to only play nine holes at a time myself so I created a league here that catered to that format. Me playing 18 at a time was always a rarity as 'In Real Life' always seemed to get in the way anyways.

Now because of me getting old I have time to play this game more, but yes it's still only nine at a time lol..

In the past I have tried the other PC golf games out there (disclaimer: I did try to cross platforms. I even tried golfing on the XBox & the Playstation platforms...IMO they just didn't cut it) but I found myself always falling back into Links2003. To me I like sort of realistic actual game ball physics in L2K3 vs. the 'easy-to-play' other platforms games with their fancy graphics.

I never lost my love for flight simming, and I do the flight simming regularly on the FS9/FSX/FSXSE/P3D platforms -never lost that passion ever. That passion for flying on a PC I never lost. That recently led me back into doing what I did in the past with RTI: fly to the courses that the RTI league plays -which always kept me connected with both flight simming and Links. Therefore that's why I'm back now.

Gauging from what I've seen in RTI since I've came back, a lot of my regulars have either lost interest (that's on me due to my inactivity in LSPN) or quit the game to move onto something newer or quite frankly, are not with us anymore here on this big blue marble.

With all of that said and if there's any interest out there in this community, I will resume those flights to the golf courses and post results of the flights and golf rounds in the RTI forum. I don't think that there are many left that do both like I do, but if anyone's interested in seeing what I do you are welcome to join in at RTI and see for yourself.

Thanks for reading. Fairways and greens & blue skies!

787anasw.jpg
787anasw.jpg (125.42 KB) Viewed 1071 times

b581.jpg
b581.jpg (26.42 KB) Viewed 1071 times
stvn6165

Return to Talk About It