Bighorn Shrubbery

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: Bighorn Shrubbery

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:40 pm

Echoes wrote:
RoyHiggi wrote: All logical. The further back in the stance you go the more wayward the shot can be when you miss the snap. Significantly in champ ( and obviously elite) but a bit in pro as well which can mean the difference between fway and rough.
Like you in soft conditions I do sometimes play for rough when the green slopes back to front .If not aiming for rough I would use even a 5W, anything that gives me a shot to negate the spin a little with the approach. In ammy I would probably prefer a 4 iron to a pw.
Looking for a few extra yards on a T shot only interests me if it might help reach a green or at least get into chipping distance

Evidently my brain was seeing backwards as i thought you were punching your drives not flopping them. More wayward is what i was thinking when i mentioned Draggon's 73% fairway success .
I fully understand the spin negating tactics as i banned my LW and SW from fairway shots that aren't going over water many moons ago(excluding downhill lies), and replaced them with 3/4 swing PW and 9i shots.

Ah the 3/4 shots. I just dont have any shots like that at all. Thought about them yonks ago but never went that way as they would need practice and I cant be bothered with that. Holes where it could be an issue I would just lay quite a bit furthar back or go for the rough as you mentioned. Hapuna springs to mind as they are always soft greens
RoyHiggi

Previous

Return to Talk About It