Quiet

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Quiet

Postby Harpo on Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:16 am

Been quiet in here this week. I guess the Shiners Open put a damper on things.

Got to re-think my Windy thoughts. Played the windy rd of the Miller Open and man I couldn't get anything even somewhat close to the pin. First nine and only had three birds. Changed my thoughts from trying to figure out the wind from the 75% mark to the 100% mark. It did kind of help as I managed to birdie 5 holes on the back nine. Still not a fun time. The last update to ver 7.0 they change the windy even thou they said they didn't. Now it moves from the 75% to 100% and never really sets on 75%. Before I think it was between 50% and 75% but not sure.

I know it sounds like I am complaining but just have to figure out my thoughts on how to get some better results. The windy round in a tourney does make for some good competition for those that do play these tourneys.
Jim
Harpo

Re: Quiet

Postby RoyHiggi on Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:58 pm

Sometimes in windy I find the harder you try to "work out" a shot the worse it gets. Having said that windy does need a bit more time to play. No doubt at all the new windy tends to be stronger than before but it's still enjoyable to play
RoyHiggi

Re: Quiet

Postby Echoes on Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:52 pm

I think every tourney should have a windy round :D :D :D
Echoes

Return to Talk About It