Greenbrier Seam Blends are wrong !!

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Greenbrier Seam Blends are wrong !!

Postby MasterMontgomery on Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:23 pm

The seamblends for the fairways need to be flipped. The way they are
now it goes rough fairway rough fairway. So your ball can be in the fairway but it
is going to be rough. And it will play like rough. This is basic designing, the course
should never have been released like this. An this course should never have been used.
its ashame in designing there is a button to click to flip the seamblends. Then it
would be rough rough fairway fairway.

:( :o
Attachments
seam-blend.jpg
Here is an example
seam-blend.jpg (51.11 KB) Viewed 6272 times
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Re: Greenbrier Seam Blends are wrong !!

Postby Harpo on Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:37 pm

Doug, I noticed that in my practice round. One of my drives was in the rough and another one that looked like it was in the rough said it was in the fairway. Good to know.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Harpo on Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:55 pm

Almost packed it in on the first hole. My second shot going into the middle of the green and hits some invisible tree I guess. You can see where the ball bounced back. And come on Doug. That hole 3 pin placement? Even at s/s conditions. This hole location better not be on any other speed for C/C. I had this pin placement in my practice round and the pins were on easy and said to myself, there is no way Doug is going to use this location.

Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:32 am

Just rattled through the pro event and didn't notice any of the issues ( apart from a couple of pin positions). That was until the final round where I thought i'd messed up a couple of T shots into rough and found it was actually in the fairway. Pity I then messed up the approach anyway :oops:

Can't say I like the course much though. Something not quite right when you cant reach the par 5's or there's only 1 possible in a round :)
RoyHiggi

Postby Kaden on Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:47 pm

Course is trashed. 1st par 3 was an absolute joke. didnt even try after that
Kaden

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:08 pm

Kaden wrote:Course is trashed. 1st par 3 was an absolute joke. didnt even try after that

Can't remember it , what was wrong with hole 3?
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:25 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:
Kaden wrote:Course is trashed. 1st par 3 was an absolute joke. didnt even try after that

Pin placement is on side of a steep hill. With the s/s conditions it isn't to bad but you would never see it there in a real tournament I think. I see Doug (GoesForIt) took a triple bogey in the second round so I am guessing it is in the same location for round 2. Will find out later today for myself. If you happen to hit it hole high and below the hole you have a chance.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:26 pm

Harpo wrote:
RoyHiggi wrote:

Pin placement is on side of a steep hill. With the s/s conditions it isn't to bad but you would never see it there in a real tournament I think. I see Doug (GoesForIt) took a triple bogey in the second round so I am guessing it is in the same location for round 2. Will find out later today for myself. If you happen to hit it hole high and below the hole you have a chance.

Ah right I think I remember it now. Only played non challenging so far which of course is a lot different. Got the pleasure of the challenging rounds to come.
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:07 pm

Wow, a couple more pins in rd 4 are not good. Good luck guys. Also, if you get into those trees forget it, you can't go forward. Had to chip out into the fairway after banging a tree that I thought looked good.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Harpo on Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:13 pm

One of the few snaps that I hit good I was lucky enough to get a bogey with this pin placement.

The pin is just behind the "Rehit" button.

Jim
Harpo

Postby Echoes on Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:46 pm

Harpo wrote:Wow, a couple more pins in rd 4 are not good. Good luck guys. Also, if you get into those trees forget it, you can't go forward. Had to chip out into the fairway after banging a tree that I thought looked good.

That course hit the trash bin on hole 13 of rd 1 when my 2nd shot went into the woods on the right and i was laying 8 when i got back to the fairway.
Echoes

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:26 am

Harpo wrote:One of the few snaps that I hit good I was lucky enough to get a bogey with this pin placement.

The pin is just behind the "Rehit" button.

Just painted that exact picture and did it twice :lol: :lol: :lol: At that point I just couldn't see a way of getting the ball into the hole so decided to quite. Well it was going to be my 14th shot!!!!

requalified and was still struggling with my snap but hit one perfectly only to find I had used the wrong club and sailed through into the rough about 30 yards long :oops: No chance from there to get into a reasonable position so the fun started again.. Found a way in the end for a 10 I think.

From there I dont know if i was laughing or crying too much but i seemed to be very good at getting the wrong side of holes leaving 10 footers with massive breaks. I missed everyone to be off tto the fairway :lol: Only chip ins got me the score I managed. He ll of a good last round Dirk

Think I'll be joining others and not playing this course again on challenging mode.
RoyHiggi

Return to Talk About It