Postby rwoodworkr on Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:54 am

Yeehaw:
ace@marcosimone17th.SHT
(3.7 KB) Downloaded 170 times

Wow, heck of a start here, Doug.
rwoodworkr

Re: Ryder Cup - Marco Simone (Champ)

Postby Harpo on Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:59 am

Dirk and Master are going to have to help carry our team. I can't score with only hitting 50% of my fairways. Not the computer's fault this time, just me.

Nice first rds Dirk and GoesForIt. Dirk with 100% fairways and greens, nice.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:31 pm

Harpo wrote:Dirk and Master are going to have to help carry our team. I can't score with only hitting 50% of my fairways. Not the computer's fault this time, just me.

Nice first rds Dirk and GoesForIt. Dirk with 100% fairways and greens, nice.

Dont think I'll look at their scores :lol: :lol: Not sure either when I'll get to play the rounds as I will probably be glued to coverage on the telly for 3 days. But I will get there
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:05 pm

Man, did I miss some easy putts. At least twice I saw straight in putts with no grid marks showing and when I hit a perfect snap the ball just rolled on by the hole. Both times my wife said "What are you yelling at". Ha ha But I have only noticed that on challenge greens. Go Team MasterMontgomery.....
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:07 pm

Harpo wrote:Man, did I miss some easy putts. At least twice I saw straight in putts with no grid marks showing and when I hit a perfect snap the ball just rolled on by the hole. Both times my wife said "What are you yelling at". Ha ha But I have only noticed that on challenge greens. Go Team MasterMontgomery.....

:lol: more than annoying when a straight putt turns out not to be straight. Had similar occasions when my wife comes in thinking something serious has happened.

I just played my round 3 in pro after playing a champ round and forgot I wasn't playing challenging :oops: :oops: Got away with a birdie but was a bit baffled when my first putt went as far as it did :twisted:
RoyHiggi

Postby GoesForIt on Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:51 pm

I think the pin positions were all fair. Enough bend to make them a challenge but not crazy. Of course that works against me personally. Not a good putter. As Dirty Harry said in Magnum Force, "A man's got to know his limitations."

Certainly though, there was no reason to make a bogey in any of the 4 rounds... no heavy rough to speak of, decent greens, decent conditions... but I still managed to make two... both on missed short putts for par.
GoesForIt

Postby Harpo on Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:24 pm

A couple of pins on 17 and 18 were a little tricky when not on the right side of the hole but pins were pretty generous for the most part I thought.
Jim
Harpo

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:09 am

I see Maximus420 has started and played round #1. Since he didn't play any of the FedEx Cup matches (and this goes for any other), he will be assigned to the team who has the fewest players from the roster of those who did play FedEx Cup and have been shown in the updates. Right now, it would be team A (left). If all players on both Team A and B do participate, non-FedEx entrants will be assigned Team A, Team B, Team A, Team B, etc.
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:08 am

I've replaced DougMM with Maximus420. Sure would like to see all players play... but I realize you're not all retired like me... with plenty of time on your hands. Be like the little Hindu, do the best you kindu (... from my 8th grade English teacher, Mr. Cornelson).
GoesForIt

Postby MasterMontgomery on Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:48 am

Roy beat me 4up 2 to go.
I think. Was lucky to be that
Close. Congrats.

Doug :)
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby GoesForIt on Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:55 pm

You guys are keeping up with the updates here right?

https://lspn.net/community/viewtopic.ph ... 31#p108831
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:24 pm

GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It