Cog Hill

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Cog Hill

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:21 am

My word thats a tough course to play in champ and challenging with breeze and gusty thrown in.
Miss a snap off the T and you're very lucky if you're not in deep grass. Do that and a par is very hard work.
Miss the snap on an approach and if you're lucky you find the green but the greens are not flat at all.
If you dont the green up and downs are very tricky and if you get wrong side you're looking at bogey.

Gets even tougher and scarier when the greens are m/f and you get a nasty bending putt of 5 to 8 feet. You need to hit them hard as the breaks loony but miss and you're left with a longer putt back. :twisted:

But isnt it great to play the tough condidtions :lol: :lol: :lol:
RoyHiggi

Re: Cog Hill

Postby Echoes on Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:26 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:
But isnt it great to play the tough condidtions :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the PLSA for sure, the "pros" actually shot 4 rounds from the tips with 2 gusty rounds. Unfortunately it didn't last long as this week it was back to distance control in benign conditions.

Maybe some will show up to chase that -77 you posted in the CLSC where we actually shoot windy rounds(2)....all from the tips. I doubt it tho.
Echoes

Re: Cog Hill

Postby GoesForIt on Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:32 am

There are a lot of tough holes... but I think 17 and 18 are the toughest. Maybe that's the way it should be.
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It