Par 3 Thriller

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Par 3 Thriller

Postby rwoodworkr on Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:26 am

Everything that went wrong in round 1 went right in round 2. Can I keep it up? Who knows.
rwoodworkr

Re: Par 3 Thriller

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:04 am

No snap on a par 3 course ( especially playing champ challenging) can be a bit scary rather than thrilling :lol: :lol:

I just played the last round on pro, Burke Lake, ( non challenging) and my guess is you can't use the green analyser as I was dumped out twice in mid round as Links just closed down :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:23 am

3 holes into round 2 in champ/chall and its happened again. Links just stopped working and I havent used the GA at all!
surely cant be the course as nobody else has had the problem so must be my pc or just unlucky. Will reload and see what happens.

So reloaded and got to the screen with half of my ani after the putt on hole 4 went in. The head was missing on the ani but it was still effectively frozen. Effectively as the ani was still twitching. I either sit there and wait for Christmas or press cancel :lol: :lol:

Ah well. Got back to playing but after each hole i got the message " please wait while Links prepares etc etc"
Pointless waiting so I pressed cancel and got "Cancel could cause the provider to fail" No choice again so I went through that after every hole. Got to the finish and it gave m the scorecard ( played well too :lol: ) but obviously the score didnt get to Links as it shows me as still playing.

Enoughs enough and I wont be trying to play Burke Lake again :evil:
RoyHiggi

Postby GoesForIt on Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:57 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:Enoughs enough and I wont be trying to play Burke Lake again :evil:

It's my course. I've played literally hundreds of rounds.
GoesForIt

Postby GoBucks on Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:37 am

Is it just that course that is causing issues, Roy?
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:05 am

GoBucks wrote:Is it just that course that is causing issues, Roy?

I get frozen screens every so often , most weeks , and ive had another this week in the Bonanza event but it's only been this course where I got the Links failed message. Maybe its my pc I don't know.

I'll give it another go tomorrow to see what happens if I have time

Just played round 2 again :D Not even a hint of a problem .Fingers crossed when I try round 4
RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:39 am

RoyHiggi wrote:
GoBucks wrote:Is it just that course that is causing issues, Roy?

I get frozen screens every so often , most weeks , and ive had another this week in the Bonanza event but it's only been this course where I got the Links failed message. Maybe its my pc I don't know.

I'll give it another go tomorrow to see what happens if I have time

Just played round 2 again :D Not even a hint of a problem .Fingers crossed when I try round 4

Round 4 played and again no problem. :lol: Baffled re what happened the other day with my pc but Links crashed 4 times on that course
RoyHiggi

Postby rwoodworkr on Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:38 am

My guess is that Dirk Pitt covertly sabotaged your computer to allow himself the win. :wink: :lol:
rwoodworkr

Postby Harpo on Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:28 pm

rwoodworkr wrote:My guess is that Dirk Pitt covertly sabotaged your computer to allow himself the win. :wink: :lol:

Did he win?
Jim
Harpo

Return to Talk About It