PLSA The Tour Championship (East Lake) Running totals

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA The Tour Championship (East Lake) Running totals

Postby GoesForIt on Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:12 am

Always go to the last entry... (those who are playing daily are appreciated).

Had a real nice and welcome ACE on #11 in Round #3. That is a long, long par 3.

One player away from finishing this FedEx deal up. Hint! Hint!.
Attachments
Ace11EastLake-2023-08-26.SHT
(3.7 KB) Downloaded 134 times
Last edited by GoesForIt on Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA The Tour Championship (East Lake) Running totals

Postby GoesForIt on Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:13 am

Thursday
Attachments
EastLakeDay-1.JPG
EastLakeDay-1.JPG (63.3 KB) Viewed 747 times
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:21 am

I think these are the principle players. We have two players (MasterMontgomery & DirkPitt) with 2 rounds remaining and one player (RonnieSmith) with one round remaining... Please finish out. I'm working on Marco Simon for the Ryder Cup. I've not seen/played the course yet. Not sure if its quality. Will let all know.

If any of you are interested in a US vs Europe/World, let me know where you live and I'll see what I can work up. It would just be combined scores of equal numbers of players.
Attachments
EastLakeDay-2.JPG
EastLakeDay-2.JPG (67.52 KB) Viewed 657 times
GoesForIt

Postby Adelade on Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:13 am

Keep in mind that the version of Marco Simone we have for Links is the old layout (they completely rebuilt the course in real life since then, I think the new layout was finished summer 2022). It will likely still be the closest thing we have by the time Ryder Cup happens so I dont mean to speak against it, but Im just saying it so it wont come as a surprise later. Sean Landry has mentioned working a bit on a new version but I think chances arent looking so great for that one being playable before the Ryder Cup happens.

Postby GoesForIt on Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:28 am

Adelade wrote:Keep in mind that the version of Marco Simone we have for Links is the old layout (they completely rebuilt the course in real life since then, I think the new layout was finished summer 2022). It will likely still be the closest thing we have by the time Ryder Cup happens so I dont mean to speak against it, but Im just saying it so it wont come as a surprise later. Sean Landry has mentioned working a bit on a new version but I think chances arent looking so great for that one being playable before the Ryder Cup happens.

Understood. I looked at several aerial photographs of the real course and see some differences. I think this one is well enough done to use. It's hard to tell if the green undulations are realistic... they're pretty steep in places. Again, I think the pin positions are fair. The hardest putts will be if you get on the high side of some putts. Still, using a maximum of SC/FC, you can get the ball to stop if you putt defensively.
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It