Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Tropical storm Hilary

Postby rwoodworkr on Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:37 pm

How're ya holding out down there, Rick?
rwoodworkr

Re: Tropical storm Hilary

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:14 pm

God bless to all in Hilary's path up there .........
we have had dramatic video footage on the news down here :(
JackRussellTerror

Postby Bassmaster on Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:07 am

rwoodworkr wrote:How're ya holding out down there, Rick?

Which Rick? LOL

Tropical storm Hillary moved a little to the east of me once it hit landfall. We never got the direct hit that was anticipated. We only got 40mph winds for about 30 minutes and we never really got the HEAVY rain as predicted. We still got just over 3" of rain in a 12 hour span. There is no damage to my property. The sun is breaking out this morning here in Green Acres, California.

Thanks for asking.

Rick
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby rwoodworkr on Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:08 pm

Bassmaster wrote:

Which Rick? LOL

Tropical storm Hillary moved a little to the east of me once it hit landfall. We never got the direct hit that was anticipated. We only got 40mph winds for about 30 minutes and we never really got the HEAVY rain as predicted. We still got just over 3" of rain in a 12 hour span. There is no damage to my property. The sun is breaking out this morning here in Green Acres, California.

Thanks for asking.

Rick

Good to hear. We have lots of family in the San Gabriel Valley and in Palm Springs. They all faired pretty well.

Another Rick
rwoodworkr

Postby JackRussellTerror on Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:03 pm

Bassmaster wrote:

Which Rick? LOL

Thanks for asking.

Rick

WHEW great to hear Rick !

regards, Rick :D
JackRussellTerror

Postby DirkPitt on Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:07 pm

Bassmaster wrote:

Which Rick? LOL

Thanks for asking.

Rick

Had quite the weekend here as well Rick. We got just under 5" in 12 hours. In the middle of a torrential downpour my phone goes off screaming that we are having a 6.0 earthquake. Turned out it was only a 5.1 and only shook for a few seconds but between this and the tropical storm I was expecting locust at any moment. It has been a really bad week. AC went out last Thursday and my desktop the week before. I have been playing on my laptop in the meantime. Got a new desktop the middle of last week but the motherboard was defective and to take it back. Hopefully by next week I will be back to normal.
Roger
DirkPitt

Postby pmgolf on Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:47 am

Glad it wasn't any worse than that, Dirk! (I'm a big Clive Cussler fan!) :D

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Bassmaster on Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:17 am

DirkPitt wrote:
Bassmaster wrote:

Which Rick? LOL

Thanks for asking.

Rick

Had quite the weekend here as well Rick. We got just under 5" in 12 hours. In the middle of a torrential downpour my phone goes off screaming that we are having a 6.0 earthquake. Turned out it was only a 5.1 and only shook for a few seconds but between this and the tropical storm I was expecting locust at any moment. It has been a really bad week. AC went out last Thursday and my desktop the week before. I have been playing on my laptop in the meantime. Got a new desktop the middle of last week but the motherboard was defective and to take it back. Hopefully by next week I will be back to normal.

Where abouts do you live? Ventura County? I'm in Green Acres which is just North of Winchester in Riverside County.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby DirkPitt on Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:19 pm

Bassmaster wrote:
Where abouts do you live? Ventura County? I'm in Green Acres which is just North of Winchester in Riverside County.

Yes Rick, I live in Thousand Oaks in Ventura county. We are only about 4 hours away (80 miles) depending on traffic.
Roger
DirkPitt

Postby MasterMontgomery on Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:23 pm

One of my daughters lives in West Hills.

Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby GoesForIt on Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:41 pm

I survived two Typhoons on the island of Okinawa... but that island is prepared for and get them frequently. I'm sure it was a shock to SoCal. Stucco is not quite the equal of cinderblock for such a conditions.

Hope all came through it okay.
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It