PLSA BMW Championship

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA BMW Championship

Postby GoesForIt on Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:32 am

It wasn't me playing round #1... no, it was not a Higgi round, but I hit 100% GIR and made a lot of bendy putts. Also, never saw the the heavy rough. One in the bunker and one in 1st cut. May not be able to keep it up, but it sure felt good.

I think that's one big key for this course. 200 yd approach from the fairway is better than 175 from the heavy rough.
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA BMW Championship

Postby GoesForIt on Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:47 am

Hey archytas, post your ace on #4.
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:37 am

Full disclosure:

I was -3 after 14 in round #2 when the big freeze hit the screen. I went through the restart routine, but it just set there.

Finishing -5 in the restart was probably pretty close to where I would have been except for the 2 stroke penalty.

I've never had a glitch on my dedicated Lenovo machine. Guess there's a first time for everything.
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:48 pm

I have to say Power Swingers have a tremendous advantage on a course like Olympia Fields. In my experience, whenever I missed a fairway it was 1st cut at best or Heavy Rough/Bunker at worst.

Some of the 4 pars are quite long, but there are a lot of birdies out there if you can hit 100% FIR.
GoesForIt

Postby RonnieSmith on Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:34 am

GoesForIt wrote:I have to say Power Swingers have a tremendous advantage on a course like Olympia Fields. In my experience, whenever I missed a fairway it was 1st cut at best or Heavy Rough/Bunker at worst.

Some of the 4 pars are quite long, but there are a lot of birdies out there if you can hit 100% FIR.

There's certainly trade off's between the modes of play. Being able to follow the straight and narrow helps at Olympia Fields. On the flip side, when there are courses where distance control to the greens is paramount, we clickers have an advantage.

Ronnie
RonnieSmith

Postby Echoes on Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:23 am

I got the impression that Doug was speaking of those who don't stop their swing at 12 but rip it after reaching 2-3 o'clock at the top, not mode of play Ronnie...but i could be wrong.
Echoes

Postby GoesForIt on Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:21 am

RonnieSmith wrote:There's certainly trade off's between the modes of play. Being able to follow the straight and narrow helps at Olympia Fields. On the flip side, when there are courses where distance control to the greens is paramount, we clickers have an advantage.

Ronnie

Yes, I've played around with the RTS. I could probably hit 100% of the fairways, but I agree with you on approach shots and chipping. If you can adjust your stance to allow you to hit full-shots (like 12-6 in Classic), you could probably hit 100% GIR as well... but that's not always possible. For me, it was the finesse shots that doomed it. But MasterMontgomery seems to have figured it out and more power to him.
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It