3M Open (PLSA)

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

3M Open (PLSA)

Postby GoesForIt on Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:56 pm

I apologize for the pin position on #14 in Round #2. Not sure how that got in there. Stay below the hole and make sure you putt gets above the hole (or goes in). Cost me a TRIPLE... RATS!
GoesForIt

Re: 3M Open (PLSA)

Postby GoesForIt on Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:07 am

I sure hope Harpo gets his troubles figured out. He used to beat me like a drum and it's never fun to see a player go backward. My sense is it's a new computer, mouse or something else technical.
GoesForIt

Postby Harpo on Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:07 am

GoesForIt wrote:I sure hope Harpo gets his troubles figured out. He used to beat me like a drum and it's never fun to see a player go backward. My sense is it's a new computer, mouse or something else technical.

Doug, yes, I am away on vacation and trying to use my laptop to play. I had to use Voodoo 2 to even get Links to work. The swing meter is slow, well normal, and then fast so the snap is not good. Also, it does not show any grid steps for putting. I hope to return back in contention in Sept.

With a bad snap, champ/challenge is almost impossible for me. In the rough or deep rough most of the time. Just now trying to get some points. Even if it is in last place. :D
Jim
Harpo

Postby MasterMontgomery on Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:53 am

Question Jim. With the same setup
How did you play so well in pro?
Looks like a top 5 finish.
Congrats

Doug :)
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby Harpo on Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:09 pm

MasterMontgomery wrote:Question Jim. With the same setup
How did you play so well in pro?
Looks like a top 5 finish.
Congrats

Doug :)

Doug, I did play a lot better this week. Got lucky with a lot of putts almost straight. Had two aces which may have happened because of the miss snaps. The island par 5 green I only went for it once in 4 rounds as I didn't have the courage to go at it and miss in the water. Also made a few long putts. Here is what my green looks like on my laptop. I can only guess how many steps are on each side of the path. So, made some lucky putts there also.

Echoes will bump me down to 5th as he has been playing very good lately and I am happy with that finish.

Jim
Harpo

Postby rwoodworkr on Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:04 am

Harpo wrote:...Had two aces which may have happened because of the miss snaps....

Heck, I've been trying that for years, and it never works for me. :lol:
rwoodworkr

Postby Harpo on Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:50 pm

Got lucky again in the first rd this week at Wyndham with another ace but second rd killed me. The snap is bad and with those sand traps all the way down the fairways on both side is death to me. Give us some rough or high rough on one side please. Even that is better than trying to hit out of the sand that far out. I can't hit the snap on a normal swing then try to hit the pick line on a sand lie is just not happening. Going to be down in the standings this week. Hate to see what my challenge rounds are going to look like.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RonnieSmith on Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:33 am

Harpo wrote:Got lucky again in the first rd this week at Wyndham with another ace but second rd killed me. The snap is bad and with those sand traps all the way down the fairways on both side is death to me. Give us some rough or high rough on one side please. Even that is better than trying to hit out of the sand that far out. I can't hit the snap on a normal swing then try to hit the pick line on a sand lie is just not happening. Going to be down in the standings this week. Hate to see what my challenge rounds are going to look like.

Re: sand vs. rough---the pre-restoration Pinehurst would actually be a more similar to Sedgefield (the IRL course for the Wyndham) as Sedgefield has rough---though in reality, the two courses are quite different. Sedgefield has a great deal more elevation change than #2---I've played them both IRL. Donald Ross was a course designing genius.

Ronnie
RonnieSmith

Return to Talk About It