Some Great new courses available this month

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Some Great new courses available this month

Postby sgt_cook on Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:36 pm

Shinnecock Hills is well worth the download time and a great test of ones ability (IMO of course)

Smokey Hills is another gem worth the download time.

Next up for me... Centennial Country Club Forest Course. Being on dial up yet it takes me awhile, but if this course lives up to it early reviews, it should also be well worth the time.
sgt_cook

Re: Some Great new courses available this month

Postby FixAmer1st on Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:12 pm

sgt_cook wrote:Next up for me... Centennial Country Club Forest Course. Being on dial up yet it takes me awhile, but if this course lives up to it early reviews, it should also be well worth the time.

Just wait until it's twin, the Dunes course is released (shortly). I helped beta test both of them and they are two great courses,

Jerry
My apologies for plagiarizing Mel Brooks but "It’s GOOD to Play Links!"
FixAmer1st

Postby Tresclub on Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:28 pm

sgt_cook wrote:Shinnecock Hills is well worth the download time and a great test of ones ability (IMO of course)
Smokey Hills is another gem worth the download time.
Next up for me... Centennial Country Club Forest Course. Being on dial up yet it takes me awhile, but if this course lives up to it early reviews, it should also be well worth the time.

Got 'em added Sgt!
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby jvgolfer on Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:40 pm

Say Tresclub do you ever play on-line?

I live just south of Sacramento and have been to Lake Oroville fishing many times also played golf several time at Kelly Ridge
Links Golf...The worst darn fun I ever had.
jvgolfer

Postby Tresclub on Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:50 pm

jvgolfer wrote:Say Tresclub do you ever play on-line?

My partner Harvey Bunce and I used to play a lot in the old "Case's Ladder" days. Haven't played since then.

I live just south of Sacramento and have been to Lake Oroville fishing many times also played golf several time at Kelly Ridge
Played up at KR once. Very demanding 9-hole course, playing thru all the deer. Did most of my golf playing out at Table Mountain.
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby jvgolfer on Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:45 am

If you ever decide you would like to try it again sometime give me a holler and I'll set up a game..
jvgolfer

Postby Tresclub on Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:04 am

Will do JV.
Tresclub

Postby mercedes on Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:43 pm

Guys:

I used to live in Folsom a few years back. No Cal has some really good and tough courses. Have either played Dark Horse or The Ridge in Auburn? Both very nice. Miss living there, it is beautiful country and so much to do close by.

Scott
If your not the lead dog, the view never changes.
mercedes

Postby jvgolfer on Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:05 pm

Yeah Scott I've played both Dark Horse and The Ridge many times. My son lives in Auburn so when ever I'm up that way I try to play The Ridge..

Seeing how you lived in Folsom you were only a skip and a jump away from my place, I live in Rancho Murieta where we have two championship golf courses as you might know..
jvgolfer

Postby JackRussellTerror on Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:44 pm

sgt_cook wrote:Shinnecock Hills is well worth the download time and a great test of ones ability (IMO of course)

never a truer word was spoken. thanks for your post.......i rushed out there and d/l it and was rubbing my hands in glee at an excellant design by Rob Miller.

viewing the Top View cam is worth the price of admission alone ! and the d/l comes with 2 irl fly-by vids !!

the only disappointment was my first round score in a user created event in here :cry: :cry:

that US Open rough.......OUCH !

love the look from the 9th T and that clubhouse

:D
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby mercedes on Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:20 am

JV:

I have played Rancho, as somebody I did business with lived on the private course there (are there two now?). Coming back to Sac this summer for a friend's B-Day and plan to play a few rounds at various places around Sac. Was at Spanish Bay in January to hook up with some old CA friends and we played Spyglass and Links at Spanish Bay. Always a good time. It would be nice to see somebody design the Links at Spanish for LSPN, since all the other courses are available.

Scott
mercedes

Postby jvgolfer on Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:47 am

Yeah we have two courses now Scott, they are separated by the Consumes River. One is called RM North and the other is called RM South. The North course was redesigned by Arnold Palmer so it's a little different layout then when you played it and somewhat harder.

It was redone about 15 years ago to accommodate the Senior Pros when they played the Senior Gold Rush here, now it's considered a championship course where by the South Course while still considered a championship layout, is a lot more member friendly.

I guess you know where most of us play now, although I still play the North on occasions I play most of the time on the South. If you ever get up this way again give me a holler and I'll see what I can do to get us a game..
jvgolfer

Postby mercedes on Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:31 am

JV:

Will do...appreciate it! What level do you shoot here Ammy, Pro, Champ? I'll look for you in a tourney. I usually play Champ but still enjoy a fun round of Ammy too.

Scott
mercedes

Postby jvgolfer on Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:16 pm

At my age my finger coronation is not so good anymore so I play Pro/Click...
jvgolfer

Return to Talk About It