super doper players

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

super doper players

Postby ds3224 on Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:07 pm

I have often wondered why the 20 under super players don't play in the Challenge league like they should. Then they could fight it out and see which of them is the best. I guess they get a kick out of winning every tourny they enter against us normal players who shoot - 10--15. I just pretend they are not playing and I feel much better.....Rich ( Parman )
ds3224

Re: super doper players

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:52 pm

super doper :lol: :lol:
What is the Challenge league?
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:12 pm

I think the challenge league is just the challenge mode.

ds3224, I see you are in 24th place in the Pro FedEx Cup points. If you are following it. I see you missed or did not finish a few tourneys. You could concentrate of finishing every PLSA event and get the points and try to get into the top 20. I know there are a couple of players that you have finished higher than in other tourneys but are ahead of you in the standings. They have finished almost all of them and therefore are getting more points. That could be a small goal for you. I think if you pick a few players that play close to you and try to beat them and get your points you will get some satisfaction. A lot of us play Pro because that is where the most players play and we all have a few guys we try to beat each week. We are all here to have fun and enjoy playing the game.
Jim
Harpo

Postby ds3224 on Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:56 am

Roy, at the top of the tourny list is the Challenge tournaments for the super good players. They include PLSA,FLIGHT, HC and ClSC in which the conditions are more difficult and you super players could fight it out...
ds3224

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:01 am

ds3224 wrote:Roy, at the top of the tourny list is the Challenge tournaments for the super good players. They include PLSA,FLIGHT, HC and ClSC in which the conditions are more difficult and you super players could fight it out...

I always play the PLSA, Classic events plus various others and always happy to play challenging mode. As Harpo says we play where the biggest numbers are and thus the biggest competion is. I would be happy to play more champ mode or elite mode of play but virtually nobody else does especially elite mode.

I just play and enjoy playing
RoyHiggi

Postby RonnieSmith on Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:18 pm

You never have the chance at satisfaction of beating the best if you don't play in tournaments with the best. I guess I've gotten within about 8 shots of Roy in Champ/Challenge a couple of times this year. Improving 2 shots in a round seems doable. Now many weeks I get buried, but every so often there's that special week.

For oldtimers ... one of my most special moments was back in the Golfcom days and I think it was early in the days of Links 2003. We had a Champ tourney at Pinehurst #8 and somehow I was on top of a leaderboard at the end of the tourney that had a couple of guys named Schuetz and Willey below me. Wouldn't trade that for anything (including the many times I was looking way UP the board at them).

Cheers,

Ronnie
RonnieSmith

Postby ds3224 on Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:30 am

the super duper players ( -20 ) should know that this week I count 17 players in the Challenge PLSA tourny, that should be enoungh for any player who wants to play. Yet I don't see any of the super players playing. I think they must enjoy beating us hackers for sure or they would all be playing Challenge....Doesn't it get boring wining every reg tourny at 80 under? Just saying'
ds3224

Postby Pitch on Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:48 am

... Well even if shooting - 80 or such .. ONLY 1 can win , right ?

And its the event with most participants ...
Guess that makes it a good ... even the best challenge on the board ?

One is the best that week .. the rest need to improve...
Cant see the problem in that ...

O
Pitch

Postby RoyHiggi on Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:47 pm

ds3224 wrote:the super duper players ( -20 ) should know that this week I count 17 players in the Challenge PLSA tourny, that should be enoungh for any player who wants to play. Yet I don't see any of the super players playing. I think they must enjoy beating us hackers for sure or they would all be playing Challenge....Doesn't it get boring wining every reg tourny at 80 under? Just saying'

For me there are only so many events I can fit in a week and as said before I mainly target events where the most competition is.
I think I have played 10 or 11 this week which is a lot ( too many really). 2this week have been champ challenging but I will have a bash at pro challenging next week if I can get around to it and see how that goes.
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:04 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:
ds3224 wrote:the super duper players ( -20 ) should know that this week I count 17 players in the Challenge PLSA tourny, that should be enoungh for any player who wants to play. Yet I don't see any of the super players playing. I think they must enjoy beating us hackers for sure or they would all be playing Challenge....Doesn't it get boring wining every reg tourny at 80 under? Just saying'

For me there are only so many events I can fit in a week and as said before I mainly target events where the most competition is.
I think I have played 10 or 11 this week which is a lot ( too many really). 2this week have been champ challenging but I will have a bash at pro challenging next week if I can get around to it and see how that goes.

Roy, I don't think that he just wants you to play in the pro challenge also but NOT to play in the pro event. Or anyone else that might be better than him/her. :roll:
Jim
Harpo

Return to Talk About It