Postby GoesForIt on Thu May 18, 2023 5:48 am

Play has been suspended due to frost... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
frost.jpg
frost.jpg (22.42 KB) Viewed 1451 times
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA PGA Championship (Oak Hill)

Postby GoesForIt on Thu May 18, 2023 6:22 am

Wow! Weirdness. Don't be put off by the tee colors at Oak hill. Just go by he distances shown.

The RED tees are supposedly the LADIES tees, but in most cases they're the back tees. In the pic, clearly, the RED is longer than the BLUE or WHITE and there are YELLOW and BLACK behind the RED... sometimes. Sometimes he RED are all the way back. It hardly makes much difference if you look at the 18 hole totals for all tees.
Attachments
Actual.jpg
Actual.jpg (4.55 KB) Viewed 1441 times
TeesReal.jpg
TeesReal.jpg (43.5 KB) Viewed 1442 times
Tees.jpg
Tees.jpg (47.63 KB) Viewed 1439 times
GoesForIt

Postby Harpo on Thu May 18, 2023 7:56 am

Is there going to be anyone to stop Roy from winning the Grand Slam this year? Can the deep rough bring forth a new champion? Will the lone 2 par 5's make a difference. Let's see how the opening round looks like.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu May 18, 2023 8:44 am

Harpo wrote:Is there going to be anyone to stop Roy from winning the Grand Slam this year? Can the deep rough bring forth a new champion? Will the lone 2 par 5's make a difference. Let's see how the opening round looks like.

:D :D going away for a few days so not sure what I'll get to play and i usually leave these till the end of the week. Might have to break from tradition and cram some in tomorrow as thats about the only day for play
RoyHiggi

Postby MasterMontgomery on Thu May 18, 2023 2:20 pm

I eagled hole 4 to go to -3 and then had a 4 footer for birdie on 5.
After a nice 5 putt i carded a triple bogey. Was a tough pin for me.
But, i did have a good round. I think others will shoot some good
scores at least in the first round.

Doug :(
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby GoesForIt on Fri May 19, 2023 8:24 am

NEVER! NEVER! Play Links in an agitated state. Real bad idea.
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Fri May 19, 2023 6:21 pm

Round #3 is about should be the easiest of the 4.

Better be below the hole on #1. Fair warning.
GoesForIt

Postby Harpo on Sat May 20, 2023 6:42 pm

Got a big complaint about a certain hole on this course. Hole 13 par 5. Hit short of creek. Just hit a 4 iron for my second as didn't want to hit the 3w up near the green. Middle of fairway, nothing in my line of sight and hit a wedge or 9 iron forgot what I hit but bam. Hit some kind of tree and went left in the deep rough. Thanks a lot designer. Lets get this fix for peep sakes. How long has this course been out? Yea, I'm pissed and won't get over it for a while.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Echoes on Sat May 20, 2023 10:01 pm

Harpo wrote:Got a big complaint about a certain hole on this course. Hole 13 par 5. Hit short of creek. Just hit a 4 iron for my second as didn't want to hit the 3w up near the green. Middle of fairway, nothing in my line of sight and hit a wedge or 9 iron forgot what I hit but bam. Hit some kind of tree and went left in the deep rough. Thanks a lot designer. Lets get this fix for peep sakes. How long has this course been out? Yea, I'm pissed and won't get over it for a while.

I think that maybe before blaming the designer for a tree you didn't see Jim. You should tell us where the picture quality slider is set in the graphics settings, since we all know that faster redraws means less detail being shown. But it is a Beta :lol:
Echoes

Postby Harpo on Sun May 21, 2023 7:09 am

Echoes wrote:
Harpo wrote:Got a big complaint about a certain hole on this course. Hole 13 par 5. Hit short of creek. Just hit a 4 iron for my second as didn't want to hit the 3w up near the green. Middle of fairway, nothing in my line of sight and hit a wedge or 9 iron forgot what I hit but bam. Hit some kind of tree and went left in the deep rough. Thanks a lot designer. Lets get this fix for peep sakes. How long has this course been out? Yea, I'm pissed and won't get over it for a while.

I think that maybe before blaming the designer for a tree you didn't see Jim. You should tell us where the picture quality slider is set in the graphics settings, since we all know that faster redraws means less detail being shown. But it is a Beta :lol:

Ok, my slider was only on the second notch. However, I put it up all the way and played the hole again. On this shot the ball does hit the branches in the tree to the left. The time I played it knocked it to the left in the thick rough behind some trees. In this pic it just hits some branches and makes the ball fall short to the front of the green. At first glance, one would believe that you have a clear shot to the green. With the slope of the fairway, one has to aim to the right farther away from the tree.

Jim
Harpo

Postby GoesForIt on Wed May 24, 2023 6:16 am

Maybe just good old Links is to blame... and as we all know there will be no updates for that. Sometimes hazards to ball flight are simply not visible.

I will say that sometimes it is the designer's fault. If you hit left or right of the rectangle of the tree on the left, you might hear branches being brushed and less distance. Only the small rectangle would cause a tree trunk hit. On the other hand, the tree on the right would be a disaster. Any shot in the dashed rectangle would be a tree trunk hit.
Attachments
Oops.jpg
Oops.jpg (61.49 KB) Viewed 1145 times
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It