When Does LSPN Change Tournament Schedule?

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

When Does LSPN Change Tournament Schedule?

Postby Ray420 on Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:12 am

Hi -

I was wondering when LSPN changes the schedule for tournaments?
I also thought it was sometime on a Thursday.

Over the last few months I was having problems with my desktop computer occasionally 'fritzing' on me.It would lock-up or reboot.Seems like it would wait until I was having a decent round of golf and then do it - then I would have to re-qualify.
Yesterday (Friday) I finally figured out it was a bad memory RAM module.I had 2 GSkill 1gig memory modules.Turns out one of them was bad.Now I'm running on 1 gig.Will have to order new modules in next couple of days.
After figuring out the problem,I then started the Munchen-Eichenried tourament to see if the 'fritzing' was solved.Had a pretty decent round where I was tied for 5th or 6th place after round 1.No fritzing occurred.
About an hour ago-late Saturday morning-I decided to play the 2nd round and when I signed in,the tournaments were changed.
No biggie-after all it's only computer golf.
I ended up playing an ok 1st round at GC Augusta.No problems with computer.Matter of fact it's running much better on just the one memory.
I live on the central Connecticut shoreline (USA) and am on Eastern Standard Time...

Thanks for any info
Ray
The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out - Thomas Macaulay (1800-1859)
Ray420

Re: When Does LSPN Change Tournament Schedule?

Postby Echoes on Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:25 am

Thursday is the day they normally start on, you can click on the tournaments tab at the top of the page to get Course and date info.
Echoes

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:27 pm

Ray420 wrote:Hi -

I live on the central Connecticut shoreline (USA) and am on Eastern Standard Time...
Thanks for any info
Ray

the weekly tournaments END here in Australia around about 5pm thursdays i think.
Australia is about 17 hours ahead of U.S. Pacific Standard Time (i will stand corrected .......... )

that means that in the U.S.A. - tournaments end/start 12:01AM thursday mornings PST time.
(once again i will stand corrected ..........).

also if you go to Current Events tab.... at the top, under "LSPN NEWS" - you will see the current U.S. PST TIME !

8)
JackRussellTerror

Postby rwoodworkr on Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:31 pm

You might check your computer day and time settings to make sure they're correct. Also your LSPN clock settings.
rwoodworkr

Postby Echoes on Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:04 pm

rwoodworkr wrote:. Also your LSPN clock settings.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now if LSPN checked their date settings Ray wouldn't have had that problem. If they checked anything now and then we wouldn't go 17 weeks and counting on missing a tourney.
Echoes

Postby Echoes on Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:13 pm

I know that we are not being charged a yearly fee, i know many contribute anyway. I don't think its too much to ask that what is advertised is what shows up. If you can't spend a few minutes or an hour or so quarterly to make sure it works properly whats the point of keeping it going?
Just shut down the LSPN tour section and let the leagues run it all, they still care.
Echoes

Postby pmgolf on Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:34 am

Tell me about that flight tournament. Separated by playing styles, right? Cilck, rts, etc? Challenging and non-challenging for each one? Old and new courses or what? I'd just like to look into it to see if I can help.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby dick_burt on Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:47 am

<<<Just shut down the LSPN tour section and let the leagues run it all, they still care.>>>
BLASPHEMY
D i c k Burt
dick_burt

Postby BitLeft on Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:36 am

pmgolf wrote:Tell me about that flight tournament. Separated by playing styles, right? Cilck, rts, etc? Challenging and non-challenging for each one? Old and new courses or what? I'd just like to look into it to see if I can help.

Pete

The offer is appreciated. Not sure by how many, but anyways... Speaking only for myself the key attraction to the FLHT environment was the sense that I was playing tournaments that felt more competitive. Over the months since I first signed on I realized I was finding a similarly skilled tribe to play against.

Knowing it will be forever beyond hopeless for me to achieve anywhere near the scores that the Ammy Gang do in PLSA and CLSC tournaments, I play those mostly for the love of the course. Lately I've switched over to CH Ammy to see how close I can get to the scores I've logged from Regular Condition rounds. Given that the conditions and pin placements repeat themselves this has been workable.

I think the thing that perplexes us FLHT lovers is that if it's possible to post schedules of FLHT tournaments upcoming, could it not be something pretty simple that is preventing those from rolling over into active status the week they are supposed to be played? If that issue could be resolved things could just go on their merry way.
BitLeft

Postby albatros on Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:16 am

The flight tourneys were appealing to me for playing against players near ones own abilities. What i did not like about them is you could be placed in a different flight during the middle of a tourney, not a big deal but disappointing not to finish against the same opponents you started with.

in the mean time glad we still have what we have ...

Long live cow pasture pool!!!

to fairways + greens

albatros

a bouncing ball never sleeps
albatros

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:35 am

Yes, Thursday is the start day for most tours (HDCP, PLSA, CLSC, et al). Some run two weeks (NoReq) and some from from Thursday and on through the next week to Saturday or Sunday (EURO and EUHCP)
GoesForIt

Postby BitLeft on Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:22 am

Ray

I scrolled the replies to this and couldn't see it mentioned - who knows it might be by the time I submit this. By way of explanation Munchen ran "overtime" because the Tournament end date was set to April 29th and not 27th. I missed this and someone with better eyes than mine pointed it out - in another post. I expect this was inadvertent and we'll be back to normal next Thursday. But hey, we still get 3 more days than the RL guys, and there's no cut to make. Just money. :lol:
BitLeft

Postby GoBucks on Mon May 01, 2023 4:15 am

pmgolf wrote:Tell me about that flight tournament. Separated by playing styles, right? Cilck, rts, etc? Challenging and non-challenging for each one? Old and new courses or what? I'd just like to look into it to see if I can help.

Pete

Here's the breakdown,Pete.
http://www.lspn.net/schedule.php?tour=FLHT
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby JackRussellTerror on Mon May 01, 2023 3:06 pm

BitLeft wrote:

Ray

I scrolled the replies to this and couldn't see it mentioned - who knows it might be by the time I submit this.

:roll:
JackRussellTerror

Postby pmgolf on Mon May 01, 2023 3:56 pm

GoBucks wrote:

Pete

Here's the breakdown,Pete.
http://www.lspn.net/schedule.php?tour=FLHT

I looked at it, and it appears that there are too many things that are beyond my limited knowledge for me to make any meaningful contribution. I decided to make my own attempt at sending a message requesting help for the Flighted Tournaments. I hope it will help.

Pete
pmgolf

Next

Return to Talk About It