Innisbrook

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: Innisbrook

Postby RoyHiggi on Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:30 pm

JackRussellTerror wrote:
RoyHiggi wrote:OMG :roll: :roll: no wonder some folf take so long to play a round if that's what happens before making a putt.

on average, about 40 minutes a round here Roy - including counting those steps.

Thats a long time for me, like Bass I like to be closer to 20 minutes and with luck a full event in an hour and half if it happens to be no wind. Can be a little longer with wind although I find a lot of the time breezy helps shot selection on approach shots.

I know when my son played he was quicker than me :lol: Wow that's a long time ago now
RoyHiggi

Postby JackRussellTerror on Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:33 am

RoyHiggi wrote: Thats a long time for me, like Bass I like to be closer to 20 minutes and with luck a full event in an hour and half if it happens to be no wind. Can be a little longer with wind although I find a lot of the time breezy helps shot selection on approach shots.

I know when my son played he was quicker than me :lol: Wow that's a long time ago now

crikey ! i still don't see how you can possibly be close to 20 mins a round calm cons Roy ! heck, i'm no slouch in making a putt - even by "step counting". Count the steps, a quick "feel for the putt" judgement, putt ! my redraws aint slow, i fire the drive, 2nd in, count steps and judge the feel, PUTT ! next hole ..........

after 18 holes of that, i'm looking at 40 minutes a round calm cons.
longer with breezy, gusty .... maybe 50 minutes a round.
i do count steps on fairway shots into the green TOO !

your "close to 20 mins" a round, you are looking at close to 1 minute a hole ?
you would still need to assess and think about your first putt for birdie, even if you don't step count . But maybe you get so close with your shot in, most are tap-ins anyhoo :D

i hate to rush ..... :mrgreen:
JackRussellTerror

Postby Harpo on Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:46 am

Jack, I know what you are saying. In that 32 min. round I had at least 7 or 8 holes where I didn't have to count any step as they were close enough. I would love to see Roy play a round live. 20 min. is not possible for me. I think I had 14 putts inside 10 feet so I didn't have to do a lot of counting.
Jim
Harpo

Postby albatros on Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:34 am

an albatros likes the wind but a golfing albatros (aka me) likes a pace of one hole / one minute.

20 minute round is the norm and waiting for the meter to settle is just not for me.

JRT does not like to rush and i am very much the opposite where diddle dallying makes the roses wilt 8)

albatros

a bouncing ball never sleeps

p.s. this is only my preference and not trying to dis anyone, I am a firm believer in: to each their own.
albatros

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:12 pm

albatros wrote:an albatros likes the wind but a golfing albatros (aka me) likes a pace of one hole / one minute.

20 minute round is the norm and waiting for the meter to settle is just not for me.

JRT does not like to rush and i am very much the opposite where diddle dallying makes the roses wilt 8)

albatros

a bouncing ball never sleeps

p.s. this is only my preference and not trying to dis anyone, I am a firm believer in: to each their own.

Each to their own is exactly right. It's all about enjoying playing the game
RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:17 pm

Harpo wrote:Jack, I know what you are saying. In that 32 min. round I had at least 7 or 8 holes where I didn't have to count any step as they were close enough. I would love to see Roy play a round live. 20 min. is not possible for me. I think I had 14 putts inside 10 feet so I didn't have to do a lot of counting.

Step counting at all for putts inside 10 feet is quite a surprise. And did i read step counting for approach shots get a mention :shock: :shock: Thats another new one I had no idea about.

Played a round earlier in the Austin event and I was thinking about how long it would have taken if I was counting steps there. Some of the putts were plain nasty and I felt sure would take ages to try and compute.
RoyHiggi

Postby Pitch on Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:13 am

20 mins here ..

BLI only
Pitch

Postby Harpo on Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:29 am

Gee Roy, maybe if you took a little longer and put more into the game you might win a tournament.. :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Jim
Harpo

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:25 pm

Harpo wrote:Gee Roy, maybe if you took a little longer and put more into the game you might win a tournament.. :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :roll: :wink:
JackRussellTerror

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:32 pm

albatros wrote:

no "diddle dallying" here ........ :roll:
am simply using the tools supplied for the best score i can manage to scrounge up ......... the Green Analyzer springs to mind, using it on nearly every shot.

to each their own, whatever floats yer boat 8)
JackRussellTerror

Postby K-Man on Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:39 am

JackRussellTerror wrote:
albatros wrote:

no "diddle dallying" here ........ :roll:
am simply using the tools supplied for the best score i can manage to scrounge up ......... the Green Analyzer springs to mind, using it on nearly every shot.

In over 25 years of playing Links, I could never figure out how the Green Analyzer works! :?
K-Man

Postby Bassmaster on Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:40 pm

JackRussellTerror wrote:
Bassmaster wrote:I just play by feel and past experiences and do enjoy my 20-22 minute games.

20 minute games Rick WOW ? hey slow down there !
as Walter Hagen once said, "stop and smell the roses" 8)

whatever floats yer boat.......

8) 8) 8) LOL
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby JackRussellTerror on Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:56 pm

K-Man wrote:
JackRussellTerror wrote:am simply using the tools supplied for the best score i can manage to scrounge up ......... the Green Analyzer springs to mind, using it on nearly every shot.

In over 25 years of playing Links, I could never figure out how the Green Analyzer works! :?

Great SCOTT ! :shock:

click on "Help" Section .....
JackRussellTerror

Postby JackRussellTerror on Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:30 pm

Harpo wrote:Anyways, this version green color is the worst for us step counters. Missed two putt the first rd because I miss read the greens. I think Doug M. will agree on putting on this course. Guess I am going to have to get better at approach shot. :shock:

its back again Jim .... the dreaded "i can't read the steps because of the green's colour" syndrome : :shock:
anyhoo, i got my magnifying glass out at TPC Louisiana :|
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby MasterMontgomery on Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:17 pm

JackRussellTerror wrote:
Harpo wrote:Anyways, this version green color is the worst for us step counters. Missed two putt the first rd because I miss read the greens. I think Doug M. will agree on putting on this course. Guess I am going to have to get better at approach shot. :shock:

its back again Jim .... the dreaded "i can't read the steps because of the green's colour" syndrome : :shock:
anyhoo, i got my magnifying glass out at TPC Louisiana :|

I agree JRT. It was tough to read the greens
That color is a little to bright. Or do like Dirk
He had 5 hole outs in the first to rounds
Last week, an he is off to a great start this
week. Also he is playing great in pro.
Keep it going Dirk
Put some pressure on Roy.

Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

PreviousNext