Innisbrook

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Innisbrook

Postby Harpo on Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:18 pm

First off I have played this course in real life. Did not score well.

Anyways, this version green color is the worst for us step counters. Missed two putt the first rd because I miss read the greens. I think Doug M. will agree on putting on this course. Guess I am going to have to get better at approach shot. :shock:
Jim
Harpo

Re: Innisbrook

Postby MasterMontgomery on Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:22 am

Yes Jim I agree. The greens are to
Close to the color of the grid.
I have been using a magnifying Glass.
But the steps are still hard to see.
We had this issue a while back
an here it is again. Makes it
tough for step counters.

Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:05 am

Step counters :lol: :lol: :lol:
RoyHiggi

Postby JackRussellTerror on Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:52 pm

same ......
i had to use my magnifying glass too - i'm getting old :( and count the steps 2nd line up.... not on the line the golfer stands on :?
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby K-Man on Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:45 am

T:he eyes don't get any better as the years go by. The ultimate solution is the BLI.
K-Man

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:32 am

I was about to start a post on Glenn's green color before seeing this one. Glenn Braden does some of the best APCD work I've seen along with Miller, Vanni and some others. My PGA National was made into a fine course after Glenn's work.

I hope he'll see these comments and consider making a mod to Copperhead. Other than the greens, it's the best rendition of a course that we must use for the PLSA to match the Pro Tour.

The other thing that bothered me before I figured it out... Rough and Deep Rough (meaning category Deep Grass in the APCD) are exactly the same on this course. Heck, even after I figured it out I didn't play any better. I was missing the snap so often that even going 3-metal off the tee didn't help. I'm blaming it on potent antibiotics I'm taking for a bout of Diverticulitus.

I'm sorry more pros don't play the Valspar IRL. So many live in Florida anyway.
GoesForIt

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:32 am

GoesForIt wrote:I was about to start a post on Glenn's green color before seeing this one. Glenn Braden does some of the best APCD work I've seen along with Miller, Vanni and some others. My PGA National was made into a fine course after Glenn's work.

I hope he'll see these comments and consider making a mod to Copperhead. Other than the greens, it's the best rendition of a course that we must use for the PLSA to match the Pro Tour.

The other thing that bothered me before I figured it out... Rough and Deep Rough (meaning category Deep Grass in the APCD) are exactly the same on this course. Heck, even after I figured it out I didn't play any better. I was missing the snap so often that even going 3-metal off the tee didn't help. I'm blaming it on potent antibiotics I'm taking for a bout of Diverticulitus.

I'm sorry more pros don't play the Valspar IRL. So many live in Florida anyway.

The rough has caught me out a couple of times. Not a clue how to play it. Once waaay short with an approach and the next one waaay too long :lol:
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:56 pm

Roy, with only one par in 4 rounds it could not have been bad.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:53 pm

Harpo wrote:Roy, with only one par in 4 rounds it could not have been bad.

Twice in rough i think and I hit and hoped. Was either long or short as I said. more safety needed off the T methinks :lol: Next round similar although I think just had the best bogey ive ever had.

par 5 14th is it? Hit the big tree on the left and the ball booiiinged way right. Somehow through the forest and came to rest just before the lake on the right. 100% no shot left , forward or even back as it was just forest staring.

Had to right and that was a 140 yard carry on a downhill lie over the lake. I was already still 456 from the green and the shot didnt get much closer. A bad snap and im in water. Got over, next shot was a 190 yard carry to rough on the side of the correct fairway. Bad snap but went through trees and found rough.

Still 230 away for 4th shot, managed my first proper snap to get to 32 yards from the green. Chipped to 2 feet and got the bogey. Was almost fun :lol: :lol: :lol:
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:32 pm

Ok, you were talking about Champ/Challenge. I was looking at Pro.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:36 pm

Harpo wrote:Ok, you were talking about Champ/Challenge. I was looking at Pro.

Yeah I played v well on pro and I think I missed 3 fairways according to the stats. Partly why I had no clue how the rough played when i got to c/c :D
RoyHiggi

Postby Bassmaster on Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:26 pm

Never ever did understand the "step counting" procedure. I put mainly past experiences and feel.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby JackRussellTerror on Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:26 am

Bassmaster wrote:Never ever did understand the "step counting" procedure. I put mainly past experiences and feel.

"come to the dark side Luke" .......
there's still time for you to learn the "step counting process" Rick !
JackRussellTerror

Postby dick_burt on Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:23 am

Crazy game....14th hole, hit a branch off the tee....into the woods...can't get out,
end up with a 13 :oops: ...17th hole, long par 3...get a hole in one. :D
Go figure :wink:
D i c k Burt
dick_burt

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:17 am

dick_burt wrote:Crazy game....14th hole, hit a branch off the tee....into the woods...can't get out,
end up with a 13 :oops: ...17th hole, long par 3...get a hole in one. :D
Go figure :wink:

Thats the hole I could have had the same problem. I just got lucky to be right through the woods on the right and had a way out even if it was away from the hole :lol:
RoyHiggi

Next

Return to Talk About It