Waste Tourney

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Waste Tourney

Postby Harpo on Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:33 pm

Played a quick 2 rounds at the Waste course. A couple of ok rounds with some missed putts. But that is how it goes. I am wondering about the buried lies in the rough. I missed 2 fairways, one in each round and had a buried lie for both of them. I wonder what are the percentage of getting one is. Maybe some courses get more than others or maybe a certain kind of rough? (light or heavy? I have seen them in both thou. I did manage a birdie on one of those but the other I was way short. I guess the answer is, don't miss the fairway.... :lol:
Jim
Harpo

Re: Waste Tourney

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:01 pm

I have wondered that myself on other courses. Guess we will never know as I assume it's not built into the course design somehow.
My issue in the rough was how come I got spin when it landed on the green!! Completely fooled me anyway :oops:
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:09 pm

Yikes, worse 2 closing rds in a long while. Caddie was hiding his head. Think he had the wrong course booklet. Got a few gusts of wind on a bad section of holes. All is well ...
Jim
Harpo

Postby GoesForIt on Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:44 am

For me it's the rolling greens... my guess is much more pronounced than IRL. The most maddening for me is putts (short ones that roll L to R). I'm a sad case on these... must have missed at least 7 just catching a bit of the lip.
GoesForIt

Postby Harpo on Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:37 am

My first round with c/c and had another buried lie in the rough. Just a slight missed snap on champ can put one in the rough easy. Just playing for pars on some of the holes. The perfect tourney for me would be no bogies or worse for 4 rds. Has not happened yet and don't recall anyone else doing it yet. I may be wrong.

My mistake, Roy did it last week and only 1 bogie the week before.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Harpo on Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:46 pm

Second rd hooked my drive into the water on 17. Took a drop and "what". A buried lie drop! :shock: What, I must have dropped it too hard? 4th for this course.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RonnieSmith on Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:36 am

My goodness---I hit only 5 fairways in Round 2 and never got a buried lie. Now I think a couple of those weren't actually in the rough either ...

A tip, don't miss the snap when you're in the Sonoran desert!

Ronnie
RonnieSmith

Return to Talk About It