so, one more bit of help I need

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

so, one more bit of help I need

Postby GoesForIt on Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:34 pm

I'm trying to install Links2K3_Down.exe on my work computer (I need it there to get pin positions when I'm setting up stuff to send to Mark for PLSA).

I uninstalled an old version and now cannot install the Links2K3_Down.exe (1.07). for some reason, it's finding a file with my old preferences when it should be starting from scratch... playing that awful music, no players except Matt, etc., etc.

Does anyone know of any hidden files that I might be missing? I've looked in the...

Program Files (x86)/Links 2003
Program Data/Links 2003
Documents/Links 2003

... and even gone into the Registry looking for anything Links 2003 related.

Every time I try to install and switch from full-screen to windows, it blows up. I need to play in windows mode so I can have my spreadsheet handy to record pin positions.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GoesForIt

Re: so, one more bit of help I need

Postby pmgolf on Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:40 pm

You probably know all of this, but I'll mention it anyway.

After you uninstall Links you need to reboot to clear your memory of Links and it's settings.

Running Links in Windowed mode - I've read peoples comments saying they had trouble setting this up. You can run Links in it's normal mode and use the "Flying Window" key (located between the left-side Ctrl and Alt keys) to take you back to the desktop. To get back into the game, click on the Links icon on the taskbar. I've been doing this for years, and it has never caused a problem with Links.

The music is controlled in Sound Settings, and if the game asks you to insert Disk 1 to play the game, it needs a copy of RuKsHuK.exe that I have.

Players are in the /Links 2003/PolyAni/ folder (.l3's), /Program Data/Links 2003/Players/ folder (.ibo's and .jpg's), and /Program Files (x86)/2k Games/Links 2003/PolyAni/ (.ssf player voice sounds and some Pro .l3's). I'm attaching a file now:

Prog Files x86 - PolyAni.jpg
Prog Files x86 - PolyAni.jpg (62.49 KB) Viewed 247 times

Is there anything else that runs?

Pete
pmgolf

Return to Talk About It