What's the most annoying mistake to make?

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

What's the most annoying mistake to make?

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:33 am

For me it's missing a short putt , 5 to 10 feet, when you know it should be routine ( and I dont count playing challenging mode on quick greens where such putts with a bit of slope can be a nightmare) Been doing quite a few lately which made me think about this.

Or maybe hitting right or left when that's where the only trouble is
RoyHiggi

Re: What's the most annoying mistake to make?

Postby Harpo on Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:01 am

Roy, I know what you mean. I miss a lot of short ones by just a quick aim and putt and most always dips down low of the hole. Did that in rd 1 at Pebble. My wife could hear me yell from the other room and asked if I was ok. :lol: That one and I aim in the green view on approaches and know I have to aim left but it's right in the green view and have aimed wrong. Only to make things worse I miss the snap on that same side to make it even further from the hole. Have to slow down sometimes when I play and think what I am doing.

Roy, nice Deagle (what I call them) on 18 Pebble.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:05 pm

Yeah I think my neighbours must wonder what's going on when I have spells of missing short ones. :lol: :lol: A bunch at Torrey, 4 of around 10 or 11 feet at Pebble so far, so I really needed that DE on the 18th at Pebble.

I see you made up for the miss at Pebble with 2 aces and a par 4 eagle. Very sweet
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:34 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:Yeah I think my neighbours must wonder what's going on when I have spells of missing short ones. :lol: :lol: A bunch at Torrey, 4 of around 10 or 11 feet at Pebble so far, so I really needed that DE on the 18th at Pebble.

I see you made up for the miss at Pebble with 2 aces and a par 4 eagle. Very sweet

Well I think that was a first for me ( 2 aces in one rd). The hole out and the aces are sometimes just missing a snap by a little in pro and being lucky. As I know form a lot of tourneys, one round does not mean a win for anyone by all means. Still I see you reaching that 3rd par 5 for eagle. I laid up as not to ruin a round by coming up short in the big trap. I don't know if I have ever eagled that hole.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:55 pm

Harpo wrote:
RoyHiggi wrote:Yeah I think my neighbours must wonder what's going on when I have spells of missing short ones. :lol: :lol: A bunch at Torrey, 4 of around 10 or 11 feet at Pebble so far, so I really needed that DE on the 18th at Pebble.

Well I think that was a first for me ( 2 aces in one rd). The hole out and the aces are sometimes just missing a snap by a little in pro and being lucky. As I know form a lot of tourneys, one round does not mean a win for anyone by all means. Still I see you reaching that 3rd par 5 for eagle. I laid up as not to ruin a round by coming up short in the big trap. I don't know if I have ever eagled that hole.

I gambled a bit on that par 5 in round 1. Went back in the stance off the T and gave it a big whack to see if i could get close enough for a try. I think it was 280 ish with an uphill lie. Didnt do the offsnap though I just adjusted the 2W stance to the max back foot and smashed it to 3 inches. I liked that one. :lol: :lol:

I see Dirk's playing great at Pebble
RoyHiggi

Postby Bassmaster on Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:47 pm

Leaving a putt short because you brain f*rted on the green conditions/speed.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby pmgolf on Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:14 pm

Hitting a long sand shot, realizing as I watch the ball only travel 20 yards, that I forgot to check to see if Explode or Pick was selected.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby MasterMontgomery on Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:40 pm

Mine is to left click the golf ball when im trying to
right click it.

Doug :oops:
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby rwoodworkr on Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:04 am

Mixing up the 6 and 9 iron...oh, wait...that's my irl golf goof. :D
rwoodworkr

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:34 am

Bassmaster wrote:Leaving a putt short because you brain f*rted on the green conditions/speed.

Yeah that one hurts
RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:35 am

pmgolf wrote:Hitting a long sand shot, realizing as I watch the ball only travel 20 yards, that I forgot to check to see if Explode or Pick was selected.

Pete

Thats an RTS special i think. :lol: After all this time playing I still have no idea how to play a long sand shot :oops: :oops:
RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:36 am

rwoodworkr wrote:Mixing up the 6 and 9 iron...oh, wait...that's my irl golf goof. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RoyHiggi

Postby albatros on Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:57 am

leaving the putt to < 1 inch .... way worse than leaving it an inch short :mrgreen:

albatros

a bouncing ball never sleeps
albatros

Postby ilesquire on Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:03 am

My RTS special....very embarrassing to admit..... I still on the odd occasion have complete lapse of concentration/full brain fade and have an "airy" (completely miss the ball) when putting. :oops: :evil: :roll:
ilesquire

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:38 pm

:D :D
albatros wrote:leaving the putt to < 1 inch .... way worse than leaving it an inch short :mrgreen:

albatros

a bouncing ball never sleeps
RoyHiggi

Next

Return to Talk About It