Defective Handicap Calculations - Solution?

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Defective Handicap Calculations - Solution?

Postby BitLeft on Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:24 am

This issue was brought up by someone in early January after the Par 3 Week in late December.

Anybody have any idea what it will take to restore my current +21 handicap to something that actually resembles reality? I'm currently in Flight C where I have pretty much always been and was quite content to be there. But my handicap was a respectable +15. Now at +21 I am 5 strokes up on the next guy in C. I'm in last place in HCAP this week. I wonder why.

This +21 is garbage. I was expecting it to at least start trending down through January and it's not. If sandbagging is what it takes to get this back to the truth then it is what it is. I can do that with the best of them. Just say the word.
BitLeft

Re: Defective Handicap Calculations - Solution?

Postby Echoes on Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:11 pm

Your handicap is determined by your best 10 rounds in the last 20, the best way to get it back down is play, play, play. Flight your in has no bearing.
Echoes

Re: Defective Handicap Calculations - Solution?

Postby BitLeft on Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:13 am

Echoes wrote:Your handicap is determined by your best 10 rounds in the last 20, the best way to get it back down is play, play, play. Flight your in has no bearing.

Duly noted. Thanks for this insight. I might end up having a few not so great tournaments in February. :wink:
BitLeft

Return to Talk About It