faulty installiation

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

faulty installiation

Postby Badatchess on Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:41 pm

When I first installed links I kept getting a stop error message and it wouldnt run properly.after I installed the 1.05 patch it runs but parts of golfer & objects dissappear after they have been covered by information panels.computer was brand new at time but no problems on laptop
Badatchess

Re: faulty installiation

Postby BruceWallace on Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:16 pm

Badatchess wrote:When I first installed links I kept getting a stop error message and it wouldnt run properly.after I installed the 1.05 patch it runs but parts of golfer & objects dissappear after they have been covered by information panels.computer was brand new at time but no problems on laptop

Update the drivers for your video chip/card, first.
BruceWallace

Postby terrell on Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:50 pm

or try older drivers. sounds like a laptop with an integrated intel graphics processor. aaarrrggghhh!

gibby posted a link for a graphics accelerator that fixed someone's problem. ya might goto the intel (if'n ya got an integrated graphics chip) site, and search for help.

then there's always the olde enter the graphics gpu device id into the videocard.txt.
terrell

Postby gibby on Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:36 am

I think the new Intel's have the accelerator added in.
Try going to Intel and see how far back you can go for a graphics driver and try a older version.
gibby

Return to Talk About It