Looks like I'm done!

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Looks like I'm done!

Postby chrispy2808 on Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:08 pm

Recently had a hard drive crash & had to install a new hard drive.
Had a mate who sorted out the Links playing issues with windows 10 when I first got the computer but this time he couldn't remember what he did.
So in desperation I bought a second hand computer with XP & just installed Links but it looks & plays worse that on my new computer..so much for that theory.
I'm going to take it to the local tech to see if he can help but ....
Unless someone here can help with info that a non tech primate can understand it looks like my Links days are over.
At nearly 80 I wonder where my daily exercise is going to come from in the future!

Thanks to anyone who helps!
chrispy2808

Re: Looks like I'm done!

Postby GoBucks on Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:58 am

chrispy2808 wrote:Recently had a hard drive crash & had to install a new hard drive.
Had a mate who sorted out the Links playing issues with windows 10 when I first got the computer but this time he couldn't remember what he did.
So in desperation I bought a second hand computer with XP & just installed Links but it looks & plays worse that on my new computer..so much for that theory.
I'm going to take it to the local tech to see if he can help but ....
Unless someone here can help with info that a non tech primate can understand it looks like my Links days are over.
At nearly 80 I wonder where my daily exercise is going to come from in the future!

Thanks to anyone who helps!

Follow these instructions, step by step.

https://www.lspn.net/community/viewtopi ... lix#p86874
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby BitLeft on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:39 pm

Won't let you go without a fight. You're one of my best Flight Mates. Keep us posted. The Word for the Day is: Workaround.
BitLeft

Postby mike58 on Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:02 pm

I got a new laptop last year with Windows 11. Had the same trouble you did. I finally gave up and paid for a new version of Links2003. I assume when you buy it all the patches are already included since mine worked fine after adjusting the video a little. Best $6 bucks I ever spent. Glad to hear I am not the only almost 80 person here. Good Luck
Mike
mike58

Return to Talk About It