Coastal Pines (sound)

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Coastal Pines (sound)

Postby MasterMontgomery on Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:30 pm

I had to disable sound or this course would not work for me.
Just a black screen an error message about sound. So i disabled sound.

Doug :)
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Re: Coastal Pines (sound)

Postby Harpo on Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:13 pm

I had something happen on the 3rd hole that I never seen before. I putted the ball up to the hole. It disappeared but my guy just stared at the hole for at least 15 seconds. I then seen him pump his fist and then I heard the ball drop in. I could not see the ball on the edge but could it have been that close and then dropped in?

Anyways, I will not even attempt to play this in champ/challenge. I bet I had at least 10 double breaking putts and from not that far of a distance. Plus missed three putts inside 8 feet. That is my fault as I try to ram to many close breaking putts in and then rim the hole. Twice on 18 in the second and third round. Good thing so far the wind did not blow in my face on those drives that just barely make it to the fairway with no wind.

Doug, I had no sound issues but I have most of the sounds turned off already.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:57 am

Had to laugh when i finshed round 2. Dont know anything about the issues mentioned above but it is one h eck of a difficult course to score well on and especially if you dont have a good snap. Most of the holes are long so the approaches are long and a miss snap that goes off line leaves a tough putt if you are lucky or a nasty chip if you aren't. I scrambled to 14 under and was happy it wasnt -9 as it could so easily have been.

I suppose the one but I didnt like was hitting a tree off the T on a back 9 par 5. Nailed the T shot thinking it wont hit it and found out how wrong I was. Hit a tree with the next shot too so after 3 shots , all with woods and all hitting the snap , I was still 150 yards short of the green :roll: :twisted:

Think I had one double breaker putt , missed of course, but I wasnt hitting the snap on putts so anything from any distance was a lottery. Dont ever have the sounds on so no clue about that.
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:27 pm

Roy, I hit one of those trees off the tee on the back 9. I missed it the first 3 and didn't think it would bounce back, just go through it. Was able to get a par out of it.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:49 pm

Harpo wrote:Roy, I hit one of those trees off the tee on the back 9. I missed it the first 3 and didn't think it would bounce back, just go through it. Was able to get a par out of it.

I scraped a par 2 too with a very long up and down :lol: Will work out how to miss it next time
RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:25 am

Harpo wrote:I had something happen on the 3rd hole that I never seen before. I putted the ball up to the hole. It disappeared but my guy just stared at the hole for at least 15 seconds. I then seen him pump his fist and then I heard the ball drop in. I could not see the ball on the edge but could it have been that close and then dropped in?

Anyways, I will not even attempt to play this in champ/challenge. I bet I had at least 10 double breaking putts and from not that far of a distance. Plus missed three putts inside 8 feet. That is my fault as I try to ram to many close breaking putts in and then rim the hole. Twice on 18 in the second and third round. Good thing so far the wind did not blow in my face on those drives that just barely make it to the fairway with no wind.

Doug, I had no sound issues but I have most of the sounds turned off already.

Now I know what you mean :lol: :lol: I was starting to think there wewre some strange small things that didnt seem right and then right at the start of round 4 I hit a routine 8 footer for birdie exactly as I wanted and the ball stopped on the edge of hole and..... I must have waited at least 30 seconds with the screen frozen!

I was thinking I had to close the pc down ( I am doing that a lot when it freezes) but I noticed the ani was moving slightly and then suddenly the screen changed and my putt was less than one inch away and I had a par rather than the birdie I thought I had.

I checked the green speed in case but I hadn't played the wrong speed. Felt like ditching it there and then but finished ok. Don't think I will play champ either as I alsohad plenty of double breakers this round which would be a nightmare on Champ challenging
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:26 am

Yea, I had a couple other putts that seemed to stop, pause and then go in. Good finish Roy... :)
Jim
Harpo

Return to Talk About It