PLSA Houston Open (Lost Woods Golf Club - Texas)

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA Houston Open (Lost Woods Golf Club - Texas)

Postby GoesForIt on Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:07 am

Well, Jim, I missed a 3 footer on 18 for par, but it would have still left me one short.... and I had bogies on two of the par 5s. One was a perfect 2nd on hole #3 that hit a tree and came back into the water.

Oh! Well, better luck next week.
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA Houston Open (Lost Woods Golf Club - Texas)

Postby Harpo on Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:52 pm

I think all the par 5's had sand traps right in the driving landing area. It is easy to get in them with just a little missed snap in Champ. When I took the "9" on the 3rd hole in rd 3 I hit 2 in the water on my second shot. Did not take a drop as I think the trees would have been in my way. There are a few holes that the trees come into play even though they don't look like it. Albatros should go by me easy and just my fault for the 3rd round. Yeah, next week.
Jim
Harpo

Postby rwoodworkr on Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:10 pm

I use the bli rather than the grid on the greens, and I found several areas on quite a few greens where the slope indicator did not show up. Regardless, since I usually close my eyes while putting, it really had no effect on my dismal scoring. :wink: :roll:
rwoodworkr

Postby K-Man on Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:39 am

rwoodworkr wrote:I use the bli rather than the grid on the greens, and I found several areas on quite a few greens where the slope indicator did not show up. Regardless, since I usually close my eyes while putting, it really had no effect on my dismal scoring. :wink: :roll:

Someone recently mentioned a "fix" for that problem. Sadly I forget what it was!! Maybe he will see this and repost. :cry:
K-Man

Postby Pitch on Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:16 am

rwoodworkr wrote:I use the bli rather than the grid on the greens, and I found several areas on quite a few greens where the slope indicator did not show up. Regardless, since I usually close my eyes while putting, it really had no effect on my dismal scoring. :wink: :roll:

.... crap course ,,,, sry
Pitch

Postby Echoes on Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:22 am

Pitch wrote:
.... crap course ,,,, sry

Agreed...in the immortal words of Bruce Wallace "This course is a POS"

5 different holes the bli didn't function on and the invisible tree on the left side of hole 11's tee box, makes me wonder how this course ever made it out of beta.
Echoes

Postby GoBucks on Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:43 am

For a course that was deigned for 2K1 21 years ago, it probably isn't all that bad. Was the BLI a thing in 2K1? It looks like this was the second course that this designer did, and hasn't done another since 2005.

I believe that the APCD was a new feature included with 2K1. If I'm wrong, someone will tell me.

Having said all that, it is definitely in need of an upgrade by one of the skilled designers that we have today.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby Steve Sullivan on Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:22 pm

Wouldn't go as far as it being a POS course, but it's certainly one I hadn't got. Think I would have downloaded it, looked at it from the first tee in practice mode, and decided I would be unlikely to use it.
Steve Sullivan

Postby rwoodworkr on Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:00 pm

K-Man wrote:

Someone recently mentioned a "fix" for that problem. Sadly I forget what it was!! Maybe he will see this and repost. :cry:

I think you may be referring to a disappearing hole. That can usually be remedied by rotating the golfer a degree or two. But I think a missing bli is pretty much built into the course.
rwoodworkr

Postby K-Man on Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:44 am

rwoodworkr wrote:
K-Man wrote:

I think you may be referring to a disappearing hole. That can usually be remedied by rotating the golfer a degree or two. But I think a missing bli is pretty much built into the course.

You are correct. My old mind needs jogged these days!
K-Man

Return to Talk About It