PLSA (Champ) FedEx Cup Playoffs

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA (Champ) FedEx Cup Playoffs

Postby GoesForIt on Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:41 am

I'm thinking about the FedEx playoffs... your thoughts are welcome.

These are the tournaments...

FedEx St. Jude Championship
BMW Championship
TOUR Championship

Unlike the PGA Tour, everyone will get to play but those who don't meet the criteria below will get no further points regardless of where they finish in the three tournaments.

Points will be the points after the Wyndham Championship (last regular tour event). Those in Championship contention will be as follows:

1) Top 80% get points in FedEx St. Jude Championship
2) Top 40% after 1) above get points in the BMW Championship
3) Top 20% after 2) above will vie for the FedEx Cup*

* For 3) above that top 20%, however many that entails, will start the TOUR Championship at -8, -7, -6, etc. Prior points go out the window. After each round of The TOUR Championship, I'll post an adjusted leaderboard here on Talk About It.

Example: Say the top guy was RoyHiggi, he'd start The TOUR Championship at -8. If he shot a -14 in round one, he'd be at -22. That -8 is not cumulative but because it cannot be worked into the leaderboard, it will have to be adjusted by that -8 each round

If RoyHiggi shot a -10 in Round #2, LSPN would show -14 and -10 and a total of -24. -8 would be added to that making him -32 after round #2. So it will always be the real total score and the starting bonus.

Not as complicated as I've made it sound I assure you.
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It