Frustration Ending my Time Here

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Frustration Ending my Time Here

Postby Dr golf on Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:48 pm

I had been playing my final round at the Zozo tournament when I crashed my game. This is nothing new as it happens every few tournaments or so, sometimes a couple of times resulting in penalty strokes which I accept. Lord knows i'm not good enough to give back strokes but I grin and bear it. It happened again when I was on the fourth hole, 4 under after three holes. No biggie. I requalify and accept my two strokes and begin again. Now I'm playing great and am 11 under after 12 when she crashes again. This is beyond frustrating. I don't know what to do. I've had this problem for over a year. Maybe it's time to erase everything and start anew? I just don't know. I really do not want to lose all my players. courses, and stats but i cannot afford to give back strokes every tournament. If organizers would allow a couple or three restarts and yes, I know, people would purposely crash their bad round for a free restart. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Sometimes I crash during round one and requalify and am penalized two strokes for rounds 2,3,and 4 . This is too much to give back. I'm not a top 5 guy to be able to sacrifice this.
Sorry for my rant. Maybe it's off to PGA 2K23. I just don't know. I've played Links for over 30 years but the difference here is at my current home we have satellite internet which sometimes is affected by weather or who knows. Any suggestions is appreciated.
Thank you
Steve
Dr golf

Re: Frustration Ending my Time Here

Postby Harpo on Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:32 pm

Hi Steve, you may have been told to try this but I will post it anyways. For a while I had a time where I would get some crashes. What worked for me was my sound setting. This is what mine looks like. I can hear the ball, club sound and my player's comments. That is all I need to hear. Not the ambient sounds.

Jim
Harpo

Postby Dr golf on Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:16 pm

Thank you Jim. I'll give it a try.

Steve
Dr golf

Postby JackRussellTerror on Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:20 pm

hi DOC,
IF you select to play "ONLINE" then DON'T, select to play "OFFLINE"
all your scores go thru to the server together, upon completion of the round when you select "OFFLINE", NOT after each hole if you select "ONLINE".

hope this helps ......
R 8)

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (78.82 KB) Viewed 1569 times
JackRussellTerror

Postby rwoodworkr on Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:34 pm

Also, don't forget, the green analyzer will crash the game on certain courses.
rwoodworkr

Postby Dr golf on Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:28 pm

Thank you but never use it. Things seem to have worked out. Played four round and no crashes.

Steve
Dr golf

Postby rwoodworkr on Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:52 pm

Dr golf wrote:Thank you but never use it. Things seem to have worked out. Played four round and no crashes.

Steve

Me neither. And glad things are working now.
rwoodworkr

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:06 pm

rwoodworkr wrote:Also, don't forget, the green analyzer will crash the game on certain courses.

that's strange Rick, since Links 2K3 was released all those years ago, i've always used the Green Analyzer during every round, and never had a crash when i click on it to use it !

maybe i've never played "those courses" that might cause a crash. Been lucky ?

and also, i think one is hindered by not using the GA .......
every shot i am about to hit to a green, i'll use the GA, especially to judge the break as the ball lands and then rolls ......i get a better view of what may happen.

8)
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Re: Frustration Ending my Time Here. Comment

Postby Dr golf on Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:05 pm

To PMGolf, Harpo, JackRussellTerror, and rwoodworkr, I want to offer my deepest heartfelt thank you to all who offered me various solutions to my crashes. Pete, taking the time and details to disabling my pop ups, Harpo and JRT for alerting me to playing offline, and maybe the biggest tip, turning off the narrators while keeping the golfers comments as well as never using green analyzer which I never did. All wonderful tips and well thought out suggestions. I thank you one and all for taking the time and allowing me to compete once again without interruption. As of this writing, I have not had one crash. I'm able to play four rounds of golf competition without the fear of crashes and penalty strokes. So let me close by saying once more Thank You to all who took their time to assist me.
Sincerely
Steve aka dr. golf
Dr golf

Postby Bassmaster on Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:52 am

rwoodworkr wrote:Also, don't forget, the green analyzer will crash the game on certain courses.

You are correct. I think there's about 10-12 courses that I have noted on as to which hole the game will crash on. The Links at Crow [censored] is one of them.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby Bassmaster on Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:54 am

Dr golf wrote:To PMGolf, Harpo, JackRussellTerror, and rwoodworkr, I want to offer my deepest heartfelt thank you to all who offered me various solutions to my crashes. Pete, taking the time and details to disabling my pop ups, Harpo and JRT for alerting me to playing offline, and maybe the biggest tip, turning off the narrators while keeping the golfers comments as well as never using green analyzer which I never did. All wonderful tips and well thought out suggestions. I thank you one and all for taking the time and allowing me to compete once again without interruption. As of this writing, I have not had one crash. I'm able to play four rounds of golf competition without the fear of crashes and penalty strokes. So let me close by saying once more Thank You to all who took their time to assist me.
Sincerely
Steve aka dr. golf

That's good news Steve. I will also just run the regular ol blue sky and I shut off the shadows.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby JackRussellTerror on Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:57 pm

Dr golf wrote:To PMGolf, Harpo, JackRussellTerror, and rwoodworkr, I want to offer my deepest heartfelt thank you to all who offered me various solutions to my crashes. Pete, taking the time and details to disabling my pop ups, Harpo and JRT for alerting me to playing offline, and maybe the biggest tip, turning off the narrators while keeping the golfers comments as well as never using green analyzer which I never did. All wonderful tips and well thought out suggestions. I thank you one and all for taking the time and allowing me to compete once again without interruption. As of this writing, I have not had one crash. I'm able to play four rounds of golf competition without the fear of crashes and penalty strokes. So let me close by saying once more Thank You to all who took their time to assist me.
Sincerely
Steve aka dr. golf

good work mate ......
:wink:
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Return to Talk About It