PLSA (CJ Cup)

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA (CJ Cup)

Postby GoesForIt on Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:01 am

I will be changing the course for this tournament... to something more like South Carolina. I'll be using Sage Vanni's Long Lake Golf Club.

Interestingly, I'll be using...

Ladies
Junior
Middle
Forward

... the back tees are over 8,000 yards and those shown are all over 7,000 yards.
Attachments
LongLake.jpg
LongLake.jpg (15.03 KB) Viewed 2401 times
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA (CJ Cup)

Postby Bassmaster on Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:46 am

WOW, that's a long course!
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby GoesForIt on Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:36 am

Bassmaster wrote:WOW, that's a long course!

I've changed now to Shadowlands HD by Mike Jones. I've played it on the Steve Sullivan's EURO Tour and it's a dandy and could easily be a South Caroline course... IMHO.

I thought Sage Vanni's Lake course was good, but when I got to the back nine, several of the tee boxes looked straight into thick trees. I can't imagine how that course got past beta and into production. Sage is a good author. Also, the greens were so bright the grid would have been almost unusable.
GoesForIt

Postby Harpo on Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:17 pm

Can you tell me why in my folder I have ShadowLands.crz and a shadowlandsHD.crz but when I try to play a practice rd the only course that I can find is Shadowland G. C. ? Which one is it? I looked through all my courses listed thinking maybe one is named "The Shadowland" or some other prefix name.
Jim
Harpo

Postby GoesForIt on Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:46 pm

Harpo wrote:Can you tell me why in my folder I have ShadowLands.crz and a shadowlandsHD.crz but when I try to play a practice rd the only course that I can find is Shadowland G. C. ? Which one is it? I looked through all my courses listed thinking maybe one is named "The Shadowland" or some other prefix name.

The course I'm using next week id ID# 1960 (.zip file name) (Shadowlands HD). When I bring it up in Links, it calls it Shadowlands G. C. HD
Attachments
ShadownLandsBoth.jpg
ShadownLandsBoth.jpg (9.42 KB) Viewed 2335 times
ShadownLandsGCHD_ID.JPG
ShadownLandsGCHD_ID.JPG (36.86 KB) Viewed 2332 times
ShadownLandsGCHD.JPG
ShadownLandsGCHD.JPG (15.85 KB) Viewed 2335 times
GoesForIt

Postby Harpo on Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:36 pm

I have both files in my folder. I tried downloading the HD course and when I went to save it, it said I already had it. And I did.

But now when I try to play the HD course, the only course I see is the Shadow Land G C. As shown in my pics.

If you go to practice them do you see both listed to play?

Jim
Harpo

Postby Harpo on Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:48 pm

Never mind. I guess I just never added it in Links after I downloaded it. Did it and now it shows up.

My Bad.... :oops:
Jim
Harpo

Postby Echoes on Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:01 pm

Harpo wrote:Never mind. I guess I just never added it in Links after I downloaded it. Did it and now it shows up.

My Bad.... :oops:

I think in Florida they call that a senior moment :lol:
Echoes

Postby Harpo on Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:23 pm

Echoes wrote:
I think in Florida they call that a senior moment :lol:

I think you got that right... :D
Jim
Harpo

Postby GoBucks on Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:16 am

GoesForIt wrote:
Bassmaster wrote:WOW, that's a long course!

I've changed now to Shadowlands HD by Mike Jones. I've played it on the Steve Sullivan's EURO Tour and it's a dandy and could easily be a South Caroline course... IMHO.

I thought Sage Vanni's Lake course was good, but when I got to the back nine, several of the tee boxes looked straight into thick trees. I can't imagine how that course got past beta and into production. Sage is a good author. Also, the greens were so bright the grid would have been almost unusable.

Check out Links Corner, GFI.
https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 846#p15846
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby GoesForIt on Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:25 am

GoBucks wrote:Check out Links Corner, GFI.
https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 846#p15846

For now, it's Shadowlands G. C. HD. I've run Mark around in circles enough for one week.

If Sage puts up the dropbox version to Links Corner, I'll give it another look.
GoesForIt

Postby Harpo on Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:12 am

Doug, what are the next 2 courses we will be playing? I am going to Tenn. on Oct. 29th and return on Nov. 6th. So the first week I will only have Thurs & Fri. to play that week and Mon - Wed the next week. I will be taking my laptop but Links swingmeter on it is a lot different than my PC. I will most likely only play one or the other event, Pro or Champ. Anyways I would like to make sure I have the courses on my laptop just in case.

Next two after Shadowlands.

Tks...
Jim
Harpo

Postby GoesForIt on Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:16 am

Harpo wrote:Doug, what are the next 2 courses we will be playing? I am going to Tenn. on Oct. 29th and return on Nov. 6th. So the first week I will only have Thurs & Fri. to play that week and Mon - Wed the next week. I will be taking my laptop but Links swingmeter on it is a lot different than my PC. I will most likely only play one or the other event, Pro or Champ. Anyways I would like to make sure I have the courses on my laptop just in case.

Next two after Shadowlands.

Tks...

See https://lspn.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14076

I just posted through the end of the calendar year.
GoesForIt

Postby Harpo on Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:27 pm

Yikes, 4th round I missed 4 putts inside of 10 feet. Only had to hit the 2 dot on the red meter. How can that be... ha ha
Jim
Harpo

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:54 am

Harpo wrote:Yikes, 4th round I missed 4 putts inside of 10 feet. Only had to hit the 2 dot on the red meter. How can that be... ha ha

Well, it couldn't have been from unfair pin positions. After your post, I thought I might have messed up, but no way I shoot -10 if there's tons of break in a majority of the putts. 4-7 from 10-20 and 13 of 13 inside 10. I can burn lips with the best of them and usually do on breaky putts... either total misreads or bad speed. There will be some huge low scores in Round #4.
GoesForIt

Next

Return to Talk About It