My thoughts on my crashes and restarts

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

My thoughts on my crashes and restarts

Postby Dr golf on Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:48 am

Gentlemen;
When setting up a tournament, could you please allow for a few restarts without penalty strokes. not always, but often enough, my round will crash a couple of times. Once and I get a free restart but after I get penalized two strokes and need to requalify. Sometimes after I requalify, I experience another crash and need to requalify again but with 6 penalty strokes which I refuse. Giving up 6 strokes a round to the field is ridiculous. I'm not good enough to give back 6, 12, or 18 strokes to the field.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Steve
Dr golf

Re: My thoughts on my crashes and restarts

Postby Bassmaster on Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:42 am

Dr golf wrote:Gentlemen;
When setting up a tournament, could you please allow for a few restarts without penalty strokes. not always, but often enough, my round will crash a couple of times. Once and I get a free restart but after I get penalized two strokes and need to requalify. Sometimes after I requalify, I experience another crash and need to requalify again but with 6 penalty strokes which I refuse. Giving up 6 strokes a round to the field is ridiculous. I'm not good enough to give back 6, 12, or 18 strokes to the field.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Steve

I understand the frustration with the crashes and restarts Steve. A lot of us that set up tournaments on a consistent basis are reluctant to installed "free" requals due to the fact that there have been numerous players over the years that will fake a crash on a bad round in order to get a "free" requal and start the round over, they are usually a small group of the same players over and over. I'M NOT POINTING FINGERS OR BLAMING ANYONE but as someone who sets up tournaments on a regular basis it is disappointing to see players abandon a round.

Like I said, I understand the crashes as it happens to me also. Usually a PM to the league owner will usually result in a limited time "free" requal. Johnny of the Amanti Tour always recommends re-starting the computer after a couple of rounds of Links golf. A few of us get together a couples times a week via 'direct connection' and play skins games. I will do me best to clean up my computer of temporary files and other clutter and then re-start my computer before playing. It seems to help.

Rick
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby rwoodworkr on Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:03 am

Dr golf wrote:...not always, but often enough, my round will crash a couple of times....

You're not using the green analyzer by any chance, are you? That will cause crashes on quite a few different courses. Also, if you are using sounds, turn off all but ambient sounds:

sounds.jpg
sounds.jpg (23.37 KB) Viewed 713 times
rwoodworkr

Postby Dr golf on Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:14 am

Thank you men. I will try both suggestions

Steve
Dr golf

Postby Bassmaster on Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:00 pm

rwoodworkr wrote:
Dr golf wrote:...not always, but often enough, my round will crash a couple of times....

You're not using the green analyzer by any chance, are you? That will cause crashes on quite a few different courses. Also, if you are using sounds, turn off all but ambient sounds:

sounds.jpg

I forgot about the green analyzer. Yes, I think there are about 10-12 courses that I've crashes on where I've used the green analyzer.

Also, I had a new one one yesterday. I was messing around with my players profile and I changed his clubs to the "No Putts" style of clubs. I thought they looked cool but I couldn't get past a shot or two in four attempts in practice rounds on different courses. I had to change back to the regular clubs.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:01 pm

my thoughts are Dr. Golf, is to select Play Offline if you aren't already !
so start Links Tour, and go into Settings, and choose "Play Offline".
you will still be connected ONLINE, BUT your scores on each hole wont go thru to the server UNTILL your round is complete.
8)

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (227.42 KB) Viewed 660 times
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Return to Talk About It