PLSA (Medal ofHonor Golf Course, MCB Quantico, VA)

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA (Medal ofHonor Golf Course, MCB Quantico, VA)

Postby GoesForIt on Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:07 am

You've probably guessed this course is special to me. I lived in Northern Virginia after retiring from the Marine Corps. I attended Warrant Officer Screening Course and Warrant Officer Basic School at Quantico in 1973. Frankly, I've only played this course twice, it's a nice IRL course.

The map will give you an indication of why everything runs to Fuller Road... which is the main road from the gate to mainside. Fuller Road runs through the valley parallel to Little Creek. So everything flows to the creek. Front nine to the left and back nine to the right of the clubhouse.

I like that there are several blind tee shots... more a concert IRL than in Links where the Top Cam is available.

Enjoy. The start of the wrap around season begins next week with the Fortinet.
Attachments
QuanticoGolf.JPG
QuanticoGolf.JPG (45 KB) Viewed 1456 times
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA (Medal ofHonor Golf Course, MCB Quantico, VA)

Postby GoesForIt on Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:10 am

A really good final round for me, especially with MC/FC... and an ACE. A nice little hit and roll, roll, roll, kerplop!
Attachments
Ace4MedalOfHonor-2022-09-12.SHT
(3.7 KB) Downloaded 124 times
GoesForIt

Postby Harpo on Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:47 am

That is a good round. I played reg. Pro and I didn't see many fairway lies or putts. I don't think I could putt on those greens in Champ/Challenge and still have a live mouse left in the house. :lol:
Jim
Harpo

Postby Draggon on Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:43 pm

Any idea what would cause one to become Disqualified for this tourney? I played my third round normally last night, shut the game down, came back tonight to finish my 4th and got a message I was disqualified and see the website if I wanted to Requalify. I did that, but was assessed 2 penalty strokes. Not that I had a prayer of placing anywhere near respectable, but I'm genuinely curious what the DQ was about.
Draggon

Postby Draggon on Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:48 pm

Draggon wrote:Any idea what would cause one to become Disqualified for this tourney?

Nevermind - something just glitched, I guess. I just started what I thought was my 4th round (it is), but software is showing it as my third even though the splash screen for the tourney shows my 3rd round completed (it was). Ah well, guess I have two rounds to play now... :)
Draggon

Postby GoesForIt on Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:00 pm

Draggon wrote:Any idea what would cause one to become Disqualified for this tourney? I played my third round normally last night, shut the game down, came back tonight to finish my 4th and got a message I was disqualified and see the website if I wanted to Requalify. I did that, but was assessed 2 penalty strokes. Not that I had a prayer of placing anywhere near respectable, but I'm genuinely curious what the DQ was about.

I really don't have any idea. Sorry. I don't have the power to alter the penalty system.
GoesForIt

Postby Blade on Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:24 pm

GoesForIt wrote:
Draggon wrote:Any idea what would cause one to become Disqualified for this tourney? I played my third round normally last night, shut the game down, came back tonight to finish my 4th and got a message I was disqualified and see the website if I wanted to Requalify. I did that, but was assessed 2 penalty strokes. Not that I had a prayer of placing anywhere near respectable, but I'm genuinely curious what the DQ was about.

I really don't have any idea. Sorry. I don't have the power to alter the penalty system.

So why Bother responding ??
Blade

Postby Bassmaster on Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:46 pm

Blade wrote:
GoesForIt wrote:

So why Bother responding ??

Good to you still around David.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby Blade on Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:31 pm

Hey Rick - i call in from time to time to have a nosy, I don’t play here much anymore, mostly it’s at Game Ranger with lots of Mates like Ole etc that turns my wheels these days. If you ever visit GR I’d love to have a hit with you.
PS nice to know you remember me TC Old Friend.
Cheers
Blade

Postby GoesForIt on Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:15 am

Blade wrote: :lol: :D So why Bother responding ??

Because I try to be courteous and respectful.
GoesForIt

Postby Bassmaster on Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:21 am

Blade wrote:Hey Rick - i call in from time to time to have a nosy, I don’t play here much anymore, mostly it’s at Game Ranger with lots of Mates like Ole etc that turns my wheels these days. If you ever visit GR I’d love to have a hit with you.
PS nice to know you remember me TC Old Friend.
Cheers

How can I ever forgot my Friend from down under. You helped me out a number of times with the computer.

Rick
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Return to Talk About It